“Don't waste your money”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Avenue
Description: New American at Restaurant Five.Five 2 means a melting pot of all the food you love presented in a clean and beautiful way. Virtually nothing fried and many ingredients farm to table.​We feature three unique and distinct dining areas:Dine fireside in the Saint James RoomSit along side our patio in the Head of the Harbor orHow about date night in the coveted Vintners Closet, where candle light and artisanal wine surround you.During the warmer climates, enjoy dining on the back Garden Patio or feel free to order Tapas and cocktails and bring them out to the front lawn!If the bar scene is more your thing, enjoy a vibrant fireside lounge with swanky seating offering eclectic tapas and small bites. Live music weekly, special events and so much more...But we'll save it for your first visit!​
ny
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food choices limited and banal. Food far from being good. Service - the worst possible. Sixty (60) minutes passed since we were seated until the first dish (that did not require cooking) made it to our table. No plates were given and we were left to use our bread plates to share what is labelled "tapas". The waitress never bothered to change the plates when other dishes arrived. When asked about it, she explained that "it was out of laziness".
Did not bother to look at the dessert menu.
Not returning even if they offered me a free meal.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank trvl2lv

“Very delicious! Warm and cozy atmosphere!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

What a nice restaurant! Very warm and cozy inside.For appetizer I had the shrimp bang bang and it was nice and spicy. My husband had lobster mac and cheese which was amazing. The entree was chicken with salad on top that was delicious (cant remember the real name)and my husband had the tuna rare which he loved! Their signature martini 552 was very good, nice and peachy! The staff was very nice and professional. I will definitely be back! I want to try the Tapas next!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jblau
New York
“A Saint James Stunner!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

What a wonderful restaurant! The decor is simply wonderful. Very Tastefully decorated. Flatware, dinnerware and glasses are top notch. The staff is attentive as is the owner. A fantastic by the glass wine list and a cellar chosen with care.

All of the choices that seemed fantastic made it tough to decide. We shared everything. The tuna tartare in crisp wonton was to die for. The thai style caimari was cooked perfectly, with the right amount of tang, heat and sweetness in the sauce. The wedge salad was amazing crisp, bacon just perfect and a great dressing. I had the fish tacos, as good as I've had. My wife had an orrichette pasta with shrimp which was well cooked. I recommend this place without question!

• Visited May 2013
Smithtown, New York
“A friendly, comfortable spot”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

No one would be unhappy to have a spot like this in their neighborhhod, The staff is very friendly, the bar, while smallish, is a nice spot for a drink or two, and the food is just fine.

The seating was comfortable with warm decor. While I have no complaints about the food, it did not amaze. The NY apple salad was fresh without overding the ingredients, though the tasty tarragon dressing was applied a tad heavily. The seared ahi tuna was fine, but could have been made more interesting with the addition of some creative flavoring.

For those interested, the prix fixe menu on Tuesdays through Thursdays is a very good deal. My dining companion took advantage of it, while I ordered a la carte. Three courses for $25 may make it worth the trip on a weekday evening.

• Visited April 2013
Islip, New York
“Phenomenal food, tapas and wine pairings”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Everyone I've taken to O's loves it. The moules frites (and yummy fries) that I always suggest as an appetizer (plenty for 4 people) is absolutely divine; they are the best I've ever had, anywhere...the secret is in the beurre blanc. The grilled octopus tastes like a good steak; never chewy or tough. The list goes on... The wine list is excellent; the wine and food pairings are very well thought out. We usually get several tapas dishes to share...I recommend trying a bit of everything..if you don't like one dish, there are plenty of other tasty treats from which to choose.
The service is excellent and the staff is very knowledgeable. The chef deserves a medal for his divine creations; I have not had a bad meal or wine pairing to date. We were sorely disappointed when they closed down for a while; we had been going to O's every couple of months. When they re-opened I felt like a kid in a candy store. :) Get a table by the fireplace...very cozy ambiance.

• Visited January 2012