“Very delicious! Warm and cozy atmosphere!”
Review of Restaurant Five Five 2 - CLOSED

Restaurant Five Five 2
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Avenue
Description: New American at Restaurant Five.Five 2 means a melting pot of all the food you love presented in a clean and beautiful way. Virtually nothing fried and many ingredients farm to table.​We feature three unique and distinct dining areas:Dine fireside in the Saint James RoomSit along side our patio in the Head of the Harbor orHow about date night in the coveted Vintners Closet, where candle light and artisanal wine surround you.During the warmer climates, enjoy dining on the back Garden Patio or feel free to order Tapas and cocktails and bring them out to the front lawn!If the bar scene is more your thing, enjoy a vibrant fireside lounge with swanky seating offering eclectic tapas and small bites. Live music weekly, special events and so much more...But we'll save it for your first visit!​
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

What a nice restaurant! Very warm and cozy inside.For appetizer I had the shrimp bang bang and it was nice and spicy. My husband had lobster mac and cheese which was amazing. The entree was chicken with salad on top that was delicious (cant remember the real name)and my husband had the tuna rare which he loved! Their signature martini 552 was very good, nice and peachy! The staff was very nice and professional. I will definitely be back! I want to try the Tapas next!

1  Thank Jblau

Reviewed May 19, 2013

What a wonderful restaurant! The decor is simply wonderful. Very Tastefully decorated. Flatware, dinnerware and glasses are top notch. The staff is attentive as is the owner. A fantastic by the glass wine list and a cellar chosen with care.

All of the choices that seemed fantastic made it tough to decide. We shared everything. The tuna tartare in crisp wonton was to die for. The thai style caimari was cooked perfectly, with the right amount of tang, heat and sweetness in the sauce. The wedge salad was amazing crisp, bacon just perfect and a great dressing. I had the fish tacos, as good as I've had. My wife had an orrichette pasta with shrimp which was well cooked. I recommend this place without question!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

No one would be unhappy to have a spot like this in their neighborhhod, The staff is very friendly, the bar, while smallish, is a nice spot for a drink or two, and the food is just fine.

The seating was comfortable with warm decor. While I have no complaints about the food, it did not amaze. The NY apple salad was fresh without overding the ingredients, though the tasty tarragon dressing was applied a tad heavily. The seared ahi tuna was fine, but could have been made more interesting with the addition of some creative flavoring.

For those interested, the prix fixe menu on Tuesdays through Thursdays is a very good deal. My dining companion took advantage of it, while I ordered a la carte. Three courses for $25 may make it worth the trip on a weekday evening.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Everyone I've taken to O's loves it. The moules frites (and yummy fries) that I always suggest as an appetizer (plenty for 4 people) is absolutely divine; they are the best I've ever had, anywhere...the secret is in the beurre blanc. The grilled octopus tastes like a good steak; never chewy or tough. The list goes on... The wine list is excellent; the wine and food pairings are very well thought out. We usually get several tapas dishes to share...I recommend trying a bit of everything..if you don't like one dish, there are plenty of other tasty treats from which to choose.
The service is excellent and the staff is very knowledgeable. The chef deserves a medal for his divine creations; I have not had a bad meal or wine pairing to date. We were sorely disappointed when they closed down for a while; we had been going to O's every couple of months. When they re-opened I felt like a kid in a candy store. :) Get a table by the fireplace...very cozy ambiance.

1  Thank Emi781
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was my second trip to O's in the last six months with my wife. The restaurant is called a wine bar, but it also serves up a great menu with heavily french influenced dishes. Our table was ready for as we made a reservation through open table. We were greeted rather quickly by the waiter, who happened to be french based on his accent. He went over some specials, took our wine order and returned quickly with our bottle of wine. Our order went in, and we started off with some excellent calamari tapas that came with this wonderful dipping sauce. My wife order the chicken that came cut into four breast pieces slathered with this wonderful sauce. I ordered the clams & chorizo pasta, which was very good. Not too heavy with the garlic. The desert was fantastic, almond cake covered with ice cream and a bunch of other goodness...and it was on the specials menu. We had a few after dinner drinks, some coffee, never felt rushed, and we're able to hear the live entertainment in the bar area. The area is lacking in good restaurants and I'm glad O's in St. James is doing its part to fill the void.