“Lovely wine tasting in the summer on their patio was ruined by a nasty rude employee in the front retail area.”

Wolffer Estate Vineyard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my visiting sisters to this place and they loved their wine tasting experience and vineyard views in the afternoon in the summer at this place's back patiio. The server was charming, knowledgable and nice. I see the place is packed when I drive by on Friday eves in the summer for tastings music and more. We went to the front retail store area after, where we bought bottles of wine. My 3 sisters helped themselves to the local giveaway glossy Hamptons magazines in the front, suppled free by local publishers. ( Not by the Vineyard. ) There were 2 or 3 publications there each sister took a few, and I told one sister to take a few extra as I like to keep a few in my weekend house in East Hampton to read, too. There was a very rude nasty mean spirited hateful female employee by the counter who told us to just take one we were taking " too many ". The manager or ( who was he ?) just walked in delivering some wine cases from his car trunk and immediately sided with the employee and was just as nasty and mean too ! We had an argument about customers being treated poorly and that there were stacks and stacks of these magazine give aways and there were certainly enough for every one. The manager was so objectionable with us that we demanded a refund from the wines we bought in the store and stormed out. My visiting sisters were embarrassed and angry and hurt. I took their giveaway free magazines and hurled them into the open trunk of the nasty mean manager. I will never purchase this wine from anywhere and have repeated our treatment to everyone in the Hamptons I know. I own a large weekend home in East Hampton, and would never spend a dime on this wine again, nor patronize any event they may sponsor or supply, a perfectly awful experience --- nasty vulgar staff and manager or whoever he was ! Never again-- this happened last summer but I am repeating this story just now.

4  Thank UpperWestSiderGuy

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Great place to chill on a Friday, after work, where they sometimes feature a local band, like Project Vibe, whose talents enhance the experience by creating a theme to the backdrop of the winery and its natural beauty.
PS. There are three wineries, on the south fork. East to West..Duckwalk, Channing Daughters, and Wolffer.
All are worth a try.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Dropped in to Wolffer for an afternoon wine tasting with our friends who live in the area. The gentleman pouring wines was charming, knowledgeable and just all already pleasant to chat with. Three of us had the Fall tasting of 4 different red wines, it was great to experience what Wolffer has to offer. We also were able to sample the Perle, which we brought home a bottle of because we loved so much. Loved it here because of the company and not feeling rushed. Must do.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is the only winery in the area that will provide such a breathtaking setting. The main entrance leads to the porch in the back where there are tables, an extensive wine menu, tasting menus as well as food pairings such as charcuterie and cheeses. I almost didn’t do it because their tastings are done with waiter service and I didn’t want to stay too long and miss out on other vineyards, but after not wanting to stay, I ended up not wanting to ever leave! The view directly in front of you will be a field of what seems like endless vineyards stretched out before your eyes. Sitting on the rustic porch, with wine glass in hand, and miles of immaculate vineyards ahead, you’ll find yourself forgetting you’re in Long Island, and swearing that perhaps you’re dreaming that you’re in Sonoma Valley or Tuscany. Yeah. Folks: it REALLY is THAT beautiful. As far as the wine goes, most definitely, choose white over their reds, you won’t regret it. The only thing you’ll regret is ever having to leave it.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Went here to look at booking an event and when asked for help was told to pick up a brochure and that was all they could help with. The event person apparently only works Monday-Friday which is really helpful for people who work and have to travel out east to try and learn about the space. Aside from the unfriendly staff, the vineyard is beautiful and would make a nice setting for a special occasion.