“Good but there's definitely better BBQ out there”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Townline BBQ

Townline BBQ
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Sagaponack
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Bronx, New York
“Good but there's definitely better BBQ out there”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went for lunch this past Saturday. Prices are a bit high. My boyfriend got the pulled chicken sandwich. It looked small but he said there was a ton of meat on there and he was full when he was done. I got a plate with pulled chicken and pork ribs. Not crazy about the seasoning on the chicken, but the ribs were very good. I got a side of the fried mac and cheese and baked beans. The mac and cheese was ok, i'd have rather had the mac and cheese unfried but what the heck. The baked beans were out of this world, the best i've ever had. I also got a fried pie for dessert. Reminded me of an apple empanada. Not sure if i'll be back because the prices are a bit steep for BBQ, but I dont feel like I got ripped off either.

• Visited November 2013

St. Augustine, Florida
“Looking for GOOD BBQ?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was on my way back from Montauk Lighthouse and wanted meat! Townline BBQ caught my eye, or should I say the chimney and BBQ accoutrements caught my eye, as I drove past. I am so happy I made the U-turn even if it was in heavy traffic. I ordered the brisket (moist), baked beans, and thick cut fried onions (awesome by the way) and pulled up to a high-top table next to the fireplace. I was in and out with almost no delay greeted by friendly people and made to feel at home as if I was in a Texas small town. I don't remember the prices being out of line but good BBQ is priceless in my opinion.

• Visited November 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great place, food and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had the pleasure of hosting a private party at Townline BBQ last night, and I have to say, the food, service and attitude couldn't have been better. Because it was a rehearsal party and it was a catered event, I hesitated to write this review, but the folks at Townline couldn't have done more to make it a successful event. So, I think that has to spill over into their regular business too.

The food was excellent, particularly the fried chicken (and I do love my chicken). It was delicious and moist, which even with a large crowd, is tough to do well. The ribs and pulled pork were also yummy. The sides of chopped salad, baked beans and cole slaw were outstanding. While our party didn't close own until the wee hours, our hair and clothes carried a faint smell of the "smoke" which to me, is a testament to their commitment to do things right. The smokers were going all day when we got there early to help set up.

The staff went out of their way, in a very quiet professional manner to take care of every little detail, including ones that I would have thought might fall to us (like placing the floral arrangements that we brought in and stored earlier in the day and then lining them up for folks to take home. That is the mark of attention to detail and thoughtfulness.

The venue is perfectly fitting for BBQ, and not geared toward a white tablecloth crowd, but if you like damn good BBQ, served by real professionals, and in laid back but perfectly fitting atmosphere, check this place out. You won't be disappointed.

And, to the folks who showed up, as normal customers, only to find us having taken over the place for the private party, we are sorry. We know it was a bummer, but come back for your BBQ fix.

• Visited September 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“barbeque and a farm view too”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great ribs both pork and beef, and a lovely salad with pulled chicken piled on top. First class corn bread. If you get there early enough and sit in the back there is a farm field vista which is lovely. Wash it down with a beer and heaven. The early visitor gets a lotta kids but not crowding. The later diner gets a lotta crowding and no kids, no view either. Take your pick, it is a local friendly place in any event.

Visited August 2013
Goldens Bridge, New York
“Seriously? Prices made me lose my appetite.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We will not be returning. The portions were tiny and I am a small person. The pulled pork sandwich and "Burnt Ends' were child-sized portions. The prices were outlandish. $3.50 for an ear of corn which turned out to be a half-ear! We could have eaten at countless other restaurants for far less.

There is no wait staff. Order at the counter and pick up your food when it's ready. Some of the employees didn't speak English and couldn't explain what some of the items on the menu were.

The BBQ was lackluster, ambiance minimal at best. Interior is somewhat dim and unappealing.We sat outside on the back deck as we had a pleasant view of a large corn field.

• Visited August 2013