“TAKE OUT”

Ranked #15 of 51 Restaurants in Sag Harbor
Nutley, New Jersey
“TAKE OUT”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I ordered the scallops. I explicitly told them and repeated to the girl that I wanted them very seared but not over cooked.( I do not like the texture of a soft scallop.) She said that is the way they made them. I got it home and they were barely a very light brown on the edges. I ate about two and threw the rest out. My daughter ordered the fish taco and she said it was very good. I will give it a 2nd chance. It would be great to have take out where you could make healthy choices. I dont think I would eat there it was not comfortable.

• Visited June 2014

“Good food, poor experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Food was interesting, bordering on creative. However, my wife and I sat in the interior dining area where a slight but constant sewage oder was present throughout the meal. The couple at the next table commented on this problem as well. Made for a less than stellar dining experience.

• Visited July 2014
Venice, Florida
“Lobster Rolls To Die For.....”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

While on business in Sag Harbor, Long Island, NY 3 of us stopped at Dock House for something to eat. So many people were ordering the Lobster Roll, so we did the same. This was the very best Lobster Roll I ever had. We were all in agreement-truly magnificent, with heaping portions of Lobster. Our round trip took over seven hours in some grueling traffic, yet I look forward to my return trip and again feasting on Dock House's Lobster Roll. It was something one finds at the end of the rainbow, no not a pot of gold, but a magnificent Lobster Roll....

Suffolk County< NY
“lobster Roll”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

A small and very simple inside and out restaurant. Menu looked great so we decided to have the lobster roll each. What a nice surprise it was chunks of lobster just lightly seasoned with a little mayo, celery and spices on the traditional roll. Very tasty and what a lobster roll should be.! The downside to this place is not enough seating. It is small and cramped but plenty of benches on the dock. We decided to eat there and watch the sailboats tootle in as the sun was setting. So overall a great meal, great view, scenery perfect company was good too! Highly recommend!

Menlo Park, California
“Best Soft Shell Crab ever”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

When I am on the East Coast, I always order soft shell crab when I see it on the menu. This is a very small and cramped place on the docks in Sag Harbor, NY on Long Island. Sag Harbor was filled with large very luxurious yachts in the marina. It faces the Long Island Sound, almost to the end of Long Island. I was visiting in East Hampton. Dock house looks out to the marina. There are tall stools in the restaurant. You order the food, then you are given a shell with a number on it. After some wait, they call you back and then you pay and pick up the food. It was a bit chaotic. Operations can be streamlined, like paying when you order. The space was cramped as it was Memorial Day lunch time.

For $14.90 , you get two deep fried soft shell crabs, a roll, fries or salad. I ate only the crab and it was finger licking good. It came in a paper take out box.

The soft shell crab legs were crispy, the cocktail sauce has a bite to it and it is great for dipping the crab in. The crab was well cleaned, the meat was very soft and meaty not like those that have been frozen prior to being cooked. The seasoning was just right not too salty. I ate 100% of the two crabs. I did not think I was hungry or could eat two crabs, and ignoring the cholesterol, I ate every morsel, legs, shell, meat and may be even the eyes if it was on there. No traces of the crab, not even crumbs were left when I was done with it. I left the bun, the salad and everything else. Sorry I it so fast I forgot to take photos.

We also ordered a grilled tuna sandwich. The fish was really fresh and grilled on the outside and slightly raw in the inside and yummy too. The vegetarian grilled portabella mushroom sandwichcomes with tomatoes and three or four slices of very thick slices of mozzarella cheese. All dishes comes with a roll, salad or fries.

They also sell raw sea food and they look really fresh as well. I will go back and buy some raw soft shell crabs to fix at the house next time.

If you are craving soft shell crab, this is the place to get it. It is crispy, meaty, substantial, fresh and umami.

• Visited May 2014