“Unfathomable poor service”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfathomable poor service”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Excited to try this recommended spot, simple order (eggs over medium???) came out over hard...twice. Waitress pushed a table next to me knocking over a chair that clipped my ankle and stung pretty bad, didn't make a scene because I was with my four year old, no apology. A woman at the counter saw this and told the waitress that she just hit a customer and the response was "none of your business" Never filled coffee, water and had to stand up to get attention to ask for check. They knocked a dollar off my bill for the eggs...a dollar. The waitress who finally came back observed this and said "was there a problem?" I told her about it and she said "well I wouldn't have known...I wasn't around". Hence the dollar tip and hence her berating me in front of the other diners...surreal, even by Hampton's standards. On a positive note...plenty of parking!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jeff B

Westhampton Beach, New York
“NOT A SECRET ANYMORE”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Estia's is off the beaten path. Unfortunately, it isn't a secret anymore! Everyone has found out about this small little hide-a-way of excellent food.

The dining area is small and not fancy but the menu makes up for it. everything is fresh, local and delicious.

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Organic, exciting, fresh- and thats just the food!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had a brunch outing which is where I can see this restaurant thrive. The food is fresh, delicious, and exciting- the type of menu you know you can't go wrong with anything. They are not a one trick pony. I had watermelon lemonade, homemade chips and guac, and Organic red quinoa and I couldn't have been more satisfied.

I don't think I would enjoy a nice dinner there and the biggest downside was the amount of flies inside the restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
Bridgehampton, New York
“Not great”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The food is average but the prices are high for what they give you. Service is not very professional- you have to ask for bread, ask for butter, ask for and wait for the check. this would not be a top choice in the area for me.

Visited July 2012
“Fish Tacos are a must”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

When you're in a place like Sag Harbor, with water all around you, it's certainly a good idea to eat fish when dining out. We went to Estias and I ws expecting it to be another mediocre Hamptons meal. Not the case. The fish tacos had more taste than any oer fish taco I've ever had (Mexico included). While the internal surroundings are modest, the grounds are beautiful. Everything is homegrown and authentic. Skip the dessert though not the coffee!