“A standard”

Dining options: Late Night
Groton, CT
“A standard”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Sag Harbor has changed a lot over the years but The Corner Bar just keeps on dishing out great pub food and drink. Their burgers are legendary and seafood as good as it gets. It is also one of the best bargains in Sag Harbor and popular with the locals.

NY
“Noisy place, decent food, not cheap at all”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

OK..I expected to be "Hamptoned" and find everything overpriced in the Hamptons. Our hotel recommended this place saying it was more reasonable than the other places in Sag Harbor. We had the special burger for $12, I think, and the steak sandwich, 1 wine and 2 beers. This was about $60 with tip. The waiter, Peter, was very good but he didn't say there was an upcharge if you wanted the sweet potato fries. So the steak sandwich came to $21 for an ok steak slapped on a piece of bread, not toasted. The meat was tasty and well-cooked but certainly not worth $21. DH said his burger was excellent. House wine $7 per glass.
Be advised that this is a very small place. Don't go there if you are looking for a peaceful meal. It is very noisy. We had the misfortune of sitting next to a table of 4 seniors who hollered and howled throughout the entire meal. Seriously??? Your mother never taught you to use an inside voice when in a restaurant? Gosh, it was truly awful and it ruined our meal . I know this is not the restaurant's fault. Just be aware that this place is small and can easily be noisy.

• Visited September 2013
Easton
“Good... but not Spectacular”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This place was suggested to us while on an overnight business trip. Being on Long Island in the Hamptons, we knew things were going to be pricey, so we wanted something simple and relatively inexpensive. I ordered a roast beef, mozzarella, garlic bread special that was bland. It honestly reminded me of a small sandwich I would expect at a diner. For $13.00, it did not deliver what I had hoped.

The atmosphere is nice, a harbor bar as one might anticipate. I can certainly see how this is a local place and why all the locals recommended it for simple "cheap" (which wasn't really cheap) food. If here again I'd probably go again and try something different... unless I had unlimited funds to try one of the other restaurants in town.

East Hampton, New York
“busy local eatery”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've seen many repeaters (me, too-but not that often). Always seems like locals or city dwellers who know the place is not really a bar only. Best deal and taste for me are the hamburgers and the mussels - both large portions. Don't expect fancy service or décor; it's "local style."

Boston
“Worst Meal in years”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wow. I was really shocked at how bad our meal was here. We came in to a busy but not too busy evening (there was no wait) restaurant filled with smiling sunny beachcombers. We arrived hungry! We ordered the fried shrimp and the steak sandwich. Both plates came quickly and it was obvious that they are in the cafeterias business, not the restaurant business. Everything is done for speed and not for quality. The salad was icy, with a pre-made plastic container of dressing on the side. It had a couple of cucumbers and a couple of grape tomatoes. That's it. Seriously? In August? With the extraordinary bounty of fresh produce in the Hamptons? Dinner arrived. The baked potatoes were not dressed, again some pre packaged butter and pre packaged sour cream tossed onto the plate next to the potato. The shrimp were well cooked, crispy and not too greasy but had no flavor whatsoever. They had no sauce, no dip, nothing to accompany them. The steak sandwich was a slab of cheap beef on a couple of pieces of toast. It was so full of gristle and fat, and what little was actually meat was so tough, that it was inedible. We sent it back. Our waitress didn't bother to ask if we wanted something else, just took it off the bill and dropped the check on her way by. Such a disappointment. We won't be back.

• Visited August 2013