“Nice vibe, but long wait...”

Dockside Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Sag Harbor
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
New York
“Nice vibe, but long wait...”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

It was a fun place to have lunch with a great view of the boats docked in the marina across the street. But the "15-minute wait" stretched to 50 minutes. Had we been told the accurate wait time, we would have moved on to another restaurant.

Armonk, New York
“Perfect for what it is, with one caveat...”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The first thing I must say is that with the exception of the fries, everything I've ever had here has been really good. The staff on the other hand, is just OK. You get this feeling that they don't care to take your order. I have kids, like many parents, I tend to ask questions when ordering food and here, I always get this feeling that the staff at the register is bothered by my questions. Still, the seafood is deliciously fresh, so we return.

New York City, New York
“No Reservations - Thanks God!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

There are a lot of good things to say about Dockside, but the number one is also the least obvious: Thanks God they don't take reservations. If they did the atmosphere of this place would drastically change. It would become "a scene". Instead, Stacey has established the most egalitarian restaurant in the Hamptons: first come, first serve, regardless of the size of the party. Party of two gets the outdoors table for five even if there is a larger party waiting. I am very good friends with one of the hostesses. It doesn't do me any good. I have to wait like everybody else. No favoritisms here.

Now, how many people in the Hamptons put up with THAT? Keep the policy, keep the good food, keep the honest prices, keep the friendly staff and let the "reservations" crowd enjoy other restaurants.

• Visited July 2012
Long Island, NY
“Waitstaff Issues”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is close to my home and I love the menu but won't go again due to the waitstaff. Lesley is argumentative and needs to find another occupation. What a shame...

2 Thank klraus
Korea
“Slow down....”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The food has always been good. I look forward to visiting every summer when I am home visiting my family. I especially like the Sag Harbor clam chowder. I do have to say however the service was a little lacking this summer. On two different occasions the runner brought our food before the appetizers were finished. In fact our family had to move their salads to the side because the dinner came out. Not cool......

• Visited July 2012