“Great Food, good service, beautiful view” 5 of 5 bubbles

Beacon
Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Sag Harbor
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We opened The Beacon up, way back in 2000. It's been a great success since Day 1, only growing better with the start of each new summer. We've learned a lot along the way about what it takes to make a summertime-only Hamptons restaurant move and groove. As the light on the East End changes and a new season approaches, we are reinvigorated by the beauty our region provides us. The menu, the wine, and some of the faces may change every year, but one thing never does: our full attention to you.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Food, good service, beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went to this restaurant with four friends and knew nothing about the restaurant. Was honestly not crazy about going to a restaurant because after many weeks of being in the Hamptons, I discovered that 9 out of 10 restaurants in the area serves VERY mediocre food with passable service and needless to say, OVERPRICED!!! People seem to just go out to be "seen." I at first thought the place where the restaurant is located was odd because it was somewhat off the beaten path of Main Street in Sag Harbor. Once I reached the top of the stairs I understood. We arrived at right about dusk and the sunset was beautiful, overlooking a cove with a marina filled with beautiful boats and the bridge to North Haven. The wait for an outside table was an hour so we opted for inside. We still had the same stunning views.

Our service was fast and good. It seemed as if the staff worked very well as a team and the owner made his rounds at all the tables, including ours. It's always nice when a proprietor comes and acknowledges you and verbally appreciates the business his diners give him and his staff. Nice touch, so many places don't do that anymore.

I ordered the Grilled Atlantic Salmon with Mandarin Orange Fennel Shaved Salad with a Balsamic Glaze. It arrived beautifully presented, hot and just as described. Better yet, it was delicious. I have to admit I wanted to lick the plate, but was not at home!!! It was that good. My dinning partners all raved about there dishes as well. I honestly cannot remember what they ordered because I was so engrossed in my meal. Two of them mentioned that I must have like my meal because it gone in a flash. I fessed up to wanting to lick the plate.

Definitely go to this restaurant. It really is a jewel in Sag Harbor and the Hamptons at large. It has everything one wants when dining; good food, good service, ambiance and fair prices!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank geentyprudhomme

Boston, Massachusetts
“Tops in many ways.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

What a positive experience for lunch. The restaurant sits on top of the local yacht club giving you an exclusive club environment but with public dining. Views are terrific. Outside or inside tables. Menu also very nice with both our lunches being outstanding. These folks know how to prepare the catch of the day. Service very good, and quick. Regae music too. Plenty of parking across the street. Good one. Memorable.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 650Triumph
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great sunset spot with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Arrived early due to the reservation policy. Had a drink and enjoyed the sunset. The food was outstanding! The pork belly taco was delicious as we're the specials. A great find!

• Visited August 2012
Brookhaven, New York
“Very Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food was very good, the drinks were fantastic and the view was amazing. We had a table overlooking the water and it was a beautiful night. Everyone's food was very good, but drinks and the food was pretty expensive.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great Lunch Spot in Sag Harbor, NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I have lunch here once a year. It's the perfect oceanside lunch. We are lucky to have the opportunity to visit Fred's family each year on the North Fork of Long Island. While there we always take one day out on the boat visiting the east end of Long Island via the water. Our favorite lunch stop is Beacon in Sag Harbor. Dock your boat or come by car, the lobster rolls are fresh and the champagne is chilled to perfection. Sitting there eating lunch overlooking the boats coming and going is both relaxing and fun!

• Visited August 2012