“Has Potential”
Review of Forever Bungalows

Forever Bungalows
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Forever Bungalows with a Groupon in a Queen-sized suite.
Room: Clean, quiet rooms, no street noise. Well- lit. Nicely sized. The shower was kinda weird --it had no sliding door but perhaps that's more eco-friendly? The TV only had basic cable and contrary to their website there was no HBO. The WI-Fi INTERNET WAS HORRIBLE (probably because only the Bungalows are close enough to the office to get it) plus both of our Sprint phones had pretty spotty service in the area to begin with. They definitely need a better router/ modem!

Service: No maid service since we stayed less than 4 days, which was fine, even preferred. They definitely should offer extra trash bags. The main office service was disappointing, (ironically labeled "Hello") because every time we went in, whether to request a picnic lunch or rent bikes ($15 for the day), the one staff member was on the phone. It was nearly impossible to get her attention and the next time we saw her we didn't even get an apology. When we checked out she was too busy to give us a receipt... Maybe it's the Groupon effect or something, but it was certainly off-putting. Perhaps offering a "no phone" hour entirely devoted to guests would be a solution. In a nice turn of events we happened to run into the hotel owner in Sag Harbor (she spotted us on the hotel bikes) and she was overwhelmingly pleasant and helpful.

Location: Sag Harbor is a quiet and beautiful area. The hotel gives you a nice restaurant guide (from bars to upscale bistros- you won't be disappointed) There is no beach near the marina! I'm convinced that you need a car if you want to see one. We are true (naive) Manhattan/ Brooklynites and thought public transportation would be sufficient- we were wrong. We wanted to ask the office for help, but you already know how that went. The hotel is conveniently located on the S92 bus route which is inconveniently never on time but that's another story. Be careful about the local taxis because they WILL overcharge you if you don't get a quote beforehand.
All in all it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank A G
Alistair M, Partner at Forever Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear A G,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken note of your comments and observations and I will certainly look into them.

I can assure you though that whether a guest be a Groupon guest or any other for that fact they are all treated in the same way and I am sorry that you feel that because you reserved through a third party that you were treated differently.

You will be pleased to hear that we are working on upgrading our internet service throughout the property.

Once again thank you for your constructive feedback and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for upcoming special offers.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nice size rooms, friendly staff. I was impressed by the size of the rooms, and separation between the bungalows. The experience felt like having your own cabin in the woods, but having all the modern convienences of being near downtown. The air-conditioning and ceiling fan kept the room cool, and unlike what had been previously posted no street noise at all.
I enjoyed figuring out the entertainment system, a roku system that allowed me to watch free Netflix and tv shows while I relaxed. The information booklet was helpful and well thought out. Hopefully they will start yoga classes soon!
The bikes that you can rent need to upgraded, they are only good for getting you downtown Sag
harbor, bring your own.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Dmac6969,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The rooms are ground level, and critters do come in and out as they please. If you don't like bugs, avoid this hotel. If you are a nature lover (like me), this is the next best thing to camping. Out of the back floor to ceiling door you have a view of the "woods". This is spooky and cool, and would have been romantic if I was there with my husband.
The staff was really great. We told them we were planning on going to see the Elizabeth A Morton Refuge, and they (Sarah) gave us her left over seed. We didn't get to use it all so we gave it back.
The only down side-- the closest beaches seem to have been affected by the recent storms. The beach looked like it vomited-- rocks and shells lined the sand and it was really hard to walk on.
Otherwise, the hotel itself was awesome. I highly recommend for family weekends/romantic weekends.

Room Tip: no rooms with two twin beds, I don't think
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ann g

Dear ann g,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We recently just returned from a one night stay at Forever Bungalows, it was great!!! We quickly rented bikes and rode through Sag Harbor town and to a beach. Everything is within a few minutes from the bungalows. This was a surprise trip for my girlfriend and she was pleasantly surprised, as was I. The rooms are beautiful and extremely well maintained, the contemporary style is fresh and a nice change from the typical boring and monotone hotel/motel look. We will be back soon!!! Thanks!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Corey S,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as appreciating our amenities and our central location to the beaches et al.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Twitter or Facebook for upcoming special offers.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Impeccably clean. Great pricing. Big room and bathroom. Family of six had tons of fun. Biked to the beach which was great - skipping stones, barbeque, roasting marshmallows, petanque!! Was great to do all of our old time favorites with the kids. Anxious to go back!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RoroozHuntington
Alistair M, Partner at Forever Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear RoroozHuntington,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were looking to take a family break in Sag Harbour and wanted a reasonably priced hotel near all the amenities, including the town and beaches. Forever Bungalows ticked all the boxes for us - and more. We stayed in the generously sized Penthouse. It was stylishly decorated , spotlessly clean and had a separate bedroom and sitting room (both had flat screen TVs keeping kids and adults happy after a long day out and about!!). In addition there was a front and rear private balcony (the rear balcony was huge and overlooked the surrounding woodland). We also made good use of the fridge/freezer and breakfast bar.

Check-in was very smooth and the attentive staff were quick to direct us to a couple of family friendly beaches (less than 5 minutes away) and encouraged us to make use of their cycles (they even offered to organise a picnic for us). They could not do enough for us, and made us feel so relaxed and welcome.

I have read other reviews that mention the proximity to the main road. While it is off the road, the property is set back far enough for me to be comfortable allowing my 4 old some freedom and there was no problem for us with noise - we slept like logs on a very comfortable bed. Highly Recommended!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Liz M,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as appreciating our location to the town of Sag Habor and the local beaches.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for upcoming special offers.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Not what I expected for The Hamptons! Very camp-like....and tiny! Got the feeling it was trying to be something it's not. Crummie location right on a major road. Did not get a good nights sleep because of the traffic on the road.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
#1 of 1 in East Marion
Driftwood on the Ocean
Driftwood on the Ocean
#24 of 39 in Montauk

Been to Forever Bungalows? Share your experiences!