“EXCELLENT!!'”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

From the wine selection, to the service, to the exceptional food, this was as good of Italian food as there is. Their marinara sauce rivaled that of my mother's (I'll deny it if you tell). My wife, daughter, son-in-law & I each had 4 completely different types of entrees and every one was amazing. I never had better fried calamari (and I grew up in Sheepshead Bay). This family business puts their "family pride" in every dish!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We can literally walk to Cappelletti's, so it's one of our regular places to eat. The family also owns Il Cappuccino in Sag Harbor. The pasta is fantastic, but don't pass up trying their specials. We had the tuna steak encrusted in sesame seeds over mushroom risotto...fantastic! So good that I had it the next time I was there. Husband had the peasant chicken...excellent. And the garlic knots....I could make a meal of them with a salad. Ask them to make the Cappelletti cocktail for you. Great local place without the parking hassle of Sag Harbor.

1  Thank BarbaraL411
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were a party of six and enjoyed our dining experience.

One snag at the start; The hostess, Lauren, wanted to seat us, (including our 94 year old friend), in the bar/pizza area because we had two kids with us. She finally agreed to have us sit in the "dining area".

Our young waiter, Oliver, was pleasant and attentive, and we all enjoyed the meal. The veal saltimboca, chicken parm, lemon shrimp risotto were nicely prepared and served hot. All six had a good dining experience.

TIP: The dining area in back has a lot more ambiance, (table cloths, wine glasses, real napkins, etc.), than the bar area.

We'd go again, but only if we can be seated in the dining area.

1  Thank Bob D
Reviewed July 9, 2014

...cappelletti's restaurant will not disappoint. We reserved a table for 5 on a stormy Friday night. Inside the space is cozy and it was booked to capacity, even in the pouring rain. Thankfully there is ample parking in the rear of the building - a rarity in the Hamptons. We arrived on time, were seated promptly, and our server Goldie came right over to introduce herself and take our drink orders. We had a lovely meal. Portions are ample; the sauces are familiar, with just the right amount of unique flair; and service is attentive without being intrusive. All patrons seemed happy with their servers but I can only speak for myself. Next time I dine here I will request Goldie.

Everyone loved their food: penne bolognese, chicken marsala, cheese ravioli, penne vodka, and a halibut special. Dessert - not my thing - was enjoyed by all. Yummy noises were heard at different times throughout the dining room. Cappelletti's is a winner in the Hamptons!

PS Adjacent to the dining room is a takeout section. Don't know what was being offered, whether just sandwiches and desserts or full menu items, but there was a line of people picking up their orders. We were staying in Bridgehampton and Sag Harbor was a mere 10 minutes away. Cappelletti's is a recommended restaurant while staying in any mid-Hamptons town. Go and enjoy!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I am half Italian, and grew up enjoying my mom's homemade Italian food, so I am picky on this subject! My family was visiting the Hamptons, and this restaurant was recommended to us by a local. They accommodated our group of 13 at one big table, and we had a wonderful time. Being a large group, we sampled quite a variety of appetizers, salads and entrees. Everyone seemed to enjoy their food. Reasonably priced, good-sized portions, very good food, can't go wrong here. Our waitress was friendly and did a great job with our large group. Wine list was just ok, but fairly typical for an Italian, family restaurant.