“Great Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

You gotta try the lasagna, best we ever had. We had the family at our home for Sunday Dinner and everyone wanted lasagna. Luigi's (who is the owner) is sooooo much better than home made. My favorite Italian restaurant in the Sag Harbor area.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Cappelletti's is a family favorite. Their sandwiches are great on your way to the beach and their dinner is fantastic after a day spent on the beach. My husband craves their pistachio alfredo sauce like a pregnant woman, and I love their drunken mussels.
The service is friendly and helpful and the waitstaff is well educated on the menu.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

From the outside, you might just drive by it ... but don't. The inside is nice, and the food was terrific. The family had veal, chicken, pasta ... all great tasting ... and Large portions. Leave room for desert if you like chocolate. Service was fast, and top notch. The whole experience was a delight. If you drive by it .. don't keep going, but turn around and come back. It's worth it.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Headed out on Sunday evening, intended to go to our favorite Italian spot [Il Cappuccino) but there was a line out the door. Kept driving to Cappelletti's, owned by the same family. This is the second time we've eaten here and we were not disappointed! Good, authentic Italian fare. I had the linguine with white wine and clams (I counted a dozen in the shell). My husband had the chicken parm. Pretty basic stuff but did I mention the garlic knots? We had bad breath for two days!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I stopped by to make a reservation mid-afternoon and had the great pleasure of meeting Luigi Tagliasacchi, the owner/chef whose family also owns Il Cappuccino in Sag Harbor. He is a warm, outgoing man with stories to share. His food bursts with flavor, yet is also subtle and fresh. We were there on a Monday night and sat in the back room, which was quiet and conducive to conversation. The sashimi tuna, ever so lightly cooked with sesame seeds and a light Asian sauce was perfectly prepared and presented on organic greens, perfectly rich avocado and tomatoes. We shared that to begin our meal, although it was presented as a nightly main course special. We then shared a plate of whole wheat pasta in a porcini sauce with garlic and onion. The rich flavor of the porcini was in every bite. We over-indulged on the garlic rolls, made from scratch at the restaurant and served in a basket on white butcher paper with lots of fresh garlic and olive oil. The best we ever tasted. The cost of the meal was extremely reasonable and the same meal, if you could find it, would be at least a third more in the city (NYC). We will be back. When you walk in the restaurant, it looks like a typical take-out place, but don't be fooled! It's anything but typical.