“The Sag Harbor Inn Was a Miserable Experience”
Review of Sag Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sag Harbor
Sag Harbor Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Sag Harbor
Reviewed August 17, 2010

My boyfriend and I decided to take a vacation recently, and after researching for a while, we decided staying in Sag Harbor would be both leisurely and economical. We were very impressed with the Sag Harbor Inn's website, although they didn't provide any pictures, it seemed like it was what we were looking for at the time. The website makes it seem like this "beautiful, romantic getaway," but when we arrived, much to our disappointment, the inn did not meet our expectations. The front desk wasn't the least bit friendly, and the strange odor while walking up to our room was disgusting to say the least. When we walked into our room, it looked like a cheap, broken down motel. The ceiling was moldy, and what looked to be a once white color now resembled yellow stains. The television dates back 20 years, while the horrific furniture, paintings, and overall design of the place was old and out-dated. When we called to complain about the situation, the front desk did not help us in anyway, and simply said they were sorry they were all booked, meanwhile in the 4 days we spent there, we did not see many visitors at all. Oh, and the "complimentary breakfast" included mini bagels, mini muffins, and what looked like old fermented fruit. Not worth the money in anyway! Please do yourself a favor and do not waste your time or money.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MeagRy

Reviewed July 27, 2010

I stayed at Sag Harbor Inn when I proposed to my wife. The local area is absolutely beautiful. Our first floor harbor suite patio opened out onto a rustic lawn and overlooked the harbor. Most of the rooms seem to do the same. The inn itself is very comfortable and warm like a bed and breakfast.

Recently, we chose to go back there to celebrate our anniversary and the staff was extremely accomodating and friendly. I apprecaite that and will think of the Sag Harbor Inn first when staying out in this area.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Very grumpy staff, our children were afraid of the woman at the front desk, the rooms are horribly tasteless, the breakfast a joke.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I stayed for a weekend at the Sag Harbor Inn and had a fabulous time. It was a perfect mix of a true hotel, with a touch of local flare. It is located right on the harbor with great views. Its location is ideal - a few minutes’ drive off Main Street and it is easily accessible. I highly recommend it to anyone else who plans to seek a true hotel in Sag Harbor (in consideration that the other lodging options in the area are more "bed and breakfast" types).

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Can't put into words how disappointing Sag Harbor inn was, given the reviews on the site, and the expense of it. I had expected something quaint, and well maintained, and got a room that should have cost $50 at a bad motel anywhere else in the country.
The overpowering, throat burning taste & smell of Glade plug-ins as we checked in permeated the entire building, intended to cover up the damp smell (it didn't).
The room felt like staying at grandma's, and though clean, did not have many of the facilities advertised, and the balcony had no seats or table, so was not really usable.

The continental breakfast consisted of mini bagels that were hard as rock, and was served in a room with little charm or personality

look at the website, and ask teh question why they do not show much of the interior of the hotel, and ask why? wish that had done that, and stayed elsewhere

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2010

My Bachelorette Party was a nice low key, off season visit to Sag Harbor. We stayed at the Inn on the 1st floor facing the bay. Our room had beautiful French doors opening to a little patio and we were a stone's throw from the water. So peaceful & gorgeous!

Rooms were very spacious & clean. Two big beds, little sitting area, nice sparkling bathroom and a separate vanity - perfect for a bunch of gals who needed mirror space. Sure the TV was a bit old, but who wants to watch TV when you are facing a bay filled with beautiful birds & boats and have a bunch of seafood restaurants & wineries just minutes away!! We didnt even touch the TV!!

The hotel staff were really the best. We e-mailed many times before our visit and we provided with great details about the area, dining options, etc. They EVEN sent me my shoes and a VISA credit card that I had accidentally left in my room home to me after we had left!!! No charge, no nothing. That was really above & beyond.

We are looking forward to returning!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank SaraPaul
Reviewed March 21, 2010

The Sag Harbor Inn has been a life saver for me, my friends and most importantly accomadating annually my Music Festival of the Hamptons artists who have universally raved to me about the generous hospitality and service. This is especially important during the busy season of the Hamptons. Unique and comfortable, situated on the inner harbor of historic Sag Harbor and walking distance to a slew of fine restaurants, the Sag Harbor Cinema, and the Bay Street Theatre. The Sag Harbor Inn is the number one choice on the East End of Long Island. I am delighted to sing its praises, Eleanor Leonard and Frazer Dougherty

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Topping Rose House
Topping Rose House
#1 of 1 in Bridgehampton
Harborfront Inn at Greenport

Been to Sag Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!