“Lovely weekend!”
Review of Harbor House Inn

Harbor House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sackets Harbor
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The staff was friendly and extremely accommodating. The room looked like it had been updated with a beautiful flat screen, nice fireplace, hot tub, excellent view of the boats on the water, and new furniture. We had a great get away and the front desk directed us to the best restaurants in town. We were not disappointed in any way.

3  Thank Kyle V

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We made a trip to the 1000 Islands and stayed here for 2 nights. A very nice hotel. Rooms were very neat and clean. The coffee and muffins, etc. in the morning were just right. We always want a room with a fridge, which they have. The location is perfect, within walking distance of several restaurants, which are very good. Sacket Harbor Brewery, Boathouse and Tin Pan Galley, which we had one breakfast. Toured the battlefield nearby. The town is a lovely little town. Defininetly recommend this hotel. Would return.

2  Thank PatandKen W
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We are from Montreal, Quebec and we enjoy the ride to Sacketts Harbor either by motorcycle or by car. We always stay at the Ontario Place Hotel in Sackets, the Hotel/Motel has been renovated and it is well done, the rates are competitive, great restaurant nearby and a local Brewery just located beside the Hotel with terrace on the water.
Lovely little town for an Weekend Escape for one night,

3  Thank andrealbano
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent one night here prior to our rafting trip on the black river. The room was updated/redecorated since our last stay and we found it nice. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable queen beds. The hotel's location is convenient to restaurants, shops and local history all within walking distance. The coffee and dry goods in the lobby were appreciated however, you must eat breakfast at the Tin Pan Galley - it is out of this world!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been remodeled/updated.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am from the UK and while visiting my daughter in Ottawa, decided to go on a road trip to the US. I booked this hotel on-line as it was the only place available at short notice. On arrival I was met by a rather uninterested receptionist, who on hearing my UK accent looked at me like I was from another plant. She only gave the most basic of information and I felt it was like pulling teeth to get the info I needed. The room was quite large, clean, with two (UK size) double beds. I was quite pleased to see a small fridge as I had a couple of beers that need cooling.
The location is good with access to the harbour and all restaurants within a two minute walk.
I was under the impression that there was restaurant and breakfast was included, this I will put down to myself not reading the website properly, so just beware should you require breakfast, the only place to is Tin Pan Galley down the road which is not cheap- 18 USD for basic breakfast.
This place is basically a motel, it is not a hotel in my opinion. With hindsight I should have booked way in advance and could have stayed somewhere else as the price is on the high side for just a room only. I also noticed that there were two wedding parties that evening in such a small town and yet the Ontario was only half full.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GloucesterWilla
ophotel, General Manager at Harbor House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thanks for the review GloucesterWilla... In the US a motel has outside entrances to each of the rooms and a hotel has inside room entrances. So we are a hotel. US the beds are called queen size.

I will speak to the person at the desk regarding your first impression and get her to improve.

Breakfast is also served in two other locations in the village and one about a mile away with massive quantities and very inexpensive.

The night you stayed we had 5 rooms of our 39 total that canceled, which is how we had space available to accommodate you, which were also filled in 4 hours of the cancellation. I'm happy that you felt like we were only half occupied which is a testament to how quiet our building is. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had a great stay -- very nice staff. Nice room and very clean.. what a great little village! Quiet and comfortable...the complimentary water and cookies in the room were a nice touch... I would stay again would recommend this re-done older hotel!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We decided to stay here after having read the reviews on Trip Advisor of the region's hotels. The location is indeed great - close to the best local restaurants and theater - and the rooms are clean and comfortable but there are a few buts... The service upon arrival was nothing but terrible : no hello, an annoyed "what's you name", we felt we were bothering the lady...Luckily, it was the opposite the next morning at check out with a different lady, blond, smiling and courteous. We appreciated having bottles of water in the fridge (especially with the warm weather) and my daughter also enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies left for us in the room. There's no "real" breakfast: no juice, fresh fruit or bread; coffee and donuts is pretty much what you'll get.

Note: The hotel really doesn't look very good from the outside, and it wouldn't take much to have it looking like the pictures again...fill up the beige squares with art work, draw/paint the brown entrance cover, put a little bit of color and life to the place...It would really help...

Room Tip: No elevator, so ask for room on main floor if you don't like long stairs!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Watertown
Hampton Inn Watertown
#2 of 14 in Watertown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands

Been to Harbor House Inn? Share your experiences!