“Exceeded my expectations!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
Boston, Massachusetts
“Exceeded my expectations!”
Reviewed March 12, 2011

My son was auditioning at SUNY Purchase, and the Doral Arrowwood is basically next door so it made sense to stay there. We had a great experience from the moment we arrived. Very friendly and helpful staff, and the facility is beautiful. I'll definitely stay there again if my son gets in to Purchase, although I might try to find a cheaper rate than I paid this time ($229/night). The rate was reasonable all things considered, but I am just spoiled by travel websites and don't usually pay more than ~$100/night for a hotel if I can help it. ;) There is a restaurant and a sports bar (The Pub); the night we stayed the only option for dinner at the hotel was a $38/person buffet, so we opted for The Pub, which was very reaonably priced and the food was good. The Pub also seemed to be a local hot spot; while not in use the night we were there, there was a DJ booth and a dance floor, and it seemed like a fun spot to socialize. There was a gorgeous indoor pool which we didn't get to enjoy, but I will definitely bring my bathing suit if I go back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Yonkers, NY
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Friends of mine went to the Doral 9 yeasr ago ( referred from another friend) to celebrate the 40 birthday of a group. I have been going to the Doral evey year since for the long President's W/E. A group of grammar school friends with their children. (this hotel is truly kid friendly on the W/E's) Thsi year was my 50 birthday and my husband rather than just the usual suspects wanted to have a BIG celebration for me.
The afternoon we went to the hotel, Frederick Pearson was present in the lobby. Even though he is the Conference Planning Manager, he jumped right in to assist and answer questions and gave us a tour of the large rooms. He went above and beyond. The staff have always outdoen themselves. we have been going the past few summers for Fourth of July and/or Memorial day. It's ahrd to imagine that each and everytime that staff are FABULOUS and I haven't even mentioned the great bountiful breakfast , beautiful, fresh rooms, fun in the Pub and numerous activities for the kids. It is close for anyone in the City, Westchester,Putnam, Orange County and even New Jersey. It is close and convenient for my frineds who are spread out to reach. I live about 15 minutes away but it always feels like a vacation when I go .....even just a long wW/E or overnight! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK. Even though it is a convention center they are wonderful for non business on W/E's

• Stayed February 2011
White Plains, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2011

My husband and I spent 2 different weekends at the Doral. Valentine's weekend was a wonderful couples weekened that included two amazing buffets and a fun manager's reception. The weekend stated off with Fredrick Pearson, Manager, playing a special bingo/newlywed game for couples. By the end of the hour, he made everyone feel special, gave away nice prizes, and we all got to know eachother wich made for an extra-friendly trip. The dinner dance and jazz brunch had delicious food, not to mention the champagne and appetizer reception everyone was invited to. We had such a good time we decided to bring our 8yr old nephew two weeks later. There was so much for him to do: swimming, ping-pong, wii, billards, darts, and there were other children there as well. He loved all the food and the staff were very nice to him. Once again, manager Fredrick stopped by to spoil him with a couple of candy bars and bags of chips, making him feel so special he did not want to leave. My parents joined us for dinner and we could not get them off the dance floor. The Doral is a great place to go to relax as a couple or with kids. But make sure you say hi to Fredrick, because he and the other mangers really care about making your visit as enjoyable as possible.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
NEW YORK
Reviewed February 28, 2011

The Doral is a beautiful Hotel/resort , we have been there many times . The staff and the food are great!! Nice clean rooms with comfortable beds. Also the Doral is not overpriced.
You be treated like a King.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I was making a site visit for my organization to hold it's Annual 3-day event. The Doral Arrowwood was the perfect location. It is within a very reasonable travel from New York City, the facility is beautiful, the amenities are great and the staff is wonderful. What more could you ask for! I am looking forward to having our event there as well as making a trip on a personal basis - It is definitely worth the trip.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We were very satisfied with our accomodations. The staff were excellent and the facilities were outstanding. The Conference Planning Manager, Frederick Pearson and his staff were awesome!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2011

was having an enjoyable weekend when security got upset at the toddlers playing in the hall. they did not approach the parents and simply voice their concerns. The chief of security with two henchman showed up at our door and stated very abusively that we were in violation of hotel policy and that our families would be removed from the hotel immediately if not corrected. This was not preceded by even one complaint or request from the hotel staff or any guests. They acted as if we broke into thier hotel and tryed to steal things. It was purely unprofessional and made us realize that they may put up a nice front but this place is run by rude and pompous people.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank jeansandtie
ArrowwoodGenManager, General Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Doral Arrowwood appreciates receiving feedback from our guests, and we strive to provide a pleasurable experience for all who choose to stay with us.

The safety and well-being of our guests is always our foremost concern. Our Security team responds to any activity within the hotel which could potentially put our guests in harms way, and acts in accordance with policies set forth to ensure that all of our guests remain safe and secure. We hope that it is clear to all of our guests that their safety is of the utmost importance. We apologize if this was misunderstood, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome to you and your family back to our property in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye Brook
#4 of 7 in White Plains
Courtyard Rye
Courtyard Rye
#1 of 1 in Rye

Been to Doral Arrowwood? Share your experiences!