It's nice to find a full service resort less than one hour from Grand Central. Nestled between 2 well landscaped golf courses, it's like being in the country.
You can choose from a large indoor to a moderate sized outdoor pool that are connected. There's also a jacuzzi. Locker rooms are convenientrly located at their adjacent gym. The gym also has a gift shop where you can pick up some necessities and it isn't a rip-off.
If you're not a golfer, driving and putting ranges are available.
The roo is nice. Our King bed had lots of pillows and was extremely comfortable. The dressing room and bath were above average. We changed our initial room because it was very far away in the building and had a crummy view. They made a switch quickly. The five story building is very large so a distant room may seem like its nearly 2 blocks away. We prefer one that's more central. I guess the other one was better for privacy and silence.
Two restaurants are at this location. The Pub is moderately priced and has a sports bar motif. There are two pool tables. It's open late. The Atrium is a buffet style restaurant with a diverse selection of choices that are all delicious. If you're into protein or into carbs, there's plenty to choose for each. The room is spacious with a great view.
Atrium cons are a pricey buffet on Saturday night because of the "dance" to live band. I could accept $25.00 to 35.00pp. We didn't care about the band - recorded music would have been fine.
I believe a third outdoor spot opens during the summer, near the Golf Pro shop. It looked a little seedy when I was at trhe driving range but I guess it'll be more presentable after Memorial Day. A downer is you can't walk the trails around the golf course due to the danger of stray wild balls. The main road is fairly walkable but there are no sidewalks (Suburbia!).
As non-drivers, the Arrowwood is easy to get by Metro North, plus a $17 cab ride. It takes about an hour. It's a short route for relaxation.
The hotel offers several packages that make weekending more reasonable. I wish these were eligible for AAA and AARP member discounts. We made reservation through Doral central. They misgfuided us indicating pool was not functional. It was - a bit of a downer because we left our bathing suits at home. There's always next time!
Valuewise, not as inexpensive as a cruise. Hotel-wise, a resort that is very pleasing. With the absence of Bear Mountain Inn or not, Doral Arrowwood is a year around option for escaping New Yorkers seeking nearby fun and pleasure. That's why we'll do it during the summer and fall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doral Arrowwood is a 369 room hotel and resort located in Westchester County, NY. The property offers conference and banquet facilities, award-winning dining and a range of resort activities including golf and tennis and racquet sports. Indoor-outdoor pool and state-of-the-art sports center with spa services available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Doral Arrowwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doral Arrowwood Hotel Rye Brook
- Doral Arrowwood Rye Brook
- Doral Arrowwood Westchester County, NY - Rye Brook