“Weekend Stay was amazing with my family!”
Review of Doral Arrowwood

Doral Arrowwood
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I had facilitated leadership meetings at Doral Arrowwood several times for my firm. This was the first time I stayed with my family and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

My wife and three kids (under 5) wanted a getaway within a short drive. We were blown away by all the Resort upgrades.... New business center (I could not believe they did not charge), breakfast buffet was included with stay and was delicouse!! Everything looked new and since my last business stay - the lobby, guestroom, and sports complex had been completely remodeled.

The Bar had these amazing burgers -huge ( They have a burger menu - I would say the best burger I have ever had). My wife and kids enjoyed dancing on the dance floor and I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and a cold beer.

The next day we had an amazing breakfast, my wife is very picky and she had a special request that the server accomodated with a smile. The buffet didn't seem to end.

On Sunday we were able to get a late checkout.... My kids loved the outdoor swimming pool and couldn't stop swimming under the glass wall from the indoor pool to the outdoor pool.

We are looking forward to returning in the warmer weather to get out and golf.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed April 19, 2009

I have been a client of Doral for many years, first as an employee of JP Morgan and later as President of my own firm (Lynn Reed Associates, Inc). Their meeting, dining, recreational and relaxational facilities are top notch. All staff members and mangers are highly responsive and friendly - always great to work with in any situation.

As a conference speaker / facilitator / leadership program instructor working at conference venues all over the world for the past 20 years, I always have confidence that Doral will not let me down - this is critical to me in my business, when a service screw up can damage one's reputation and their client's satisfaction.

I have recommended the use of Doral to my clients for meetings and corp education events of up to 100+ attendees for multi-day events and do so without any hesitation. They really get the concept of "customer focus" - a concept that is frequently over-used in marketing campaigns by others - Doral lives up to this ideal and is a great example of a full service conference venue that truly is customer focused.

They realy are the best. Lynn Reed, www.lynnreedassociates.com

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2009

Service was very good in the restaurant
Room was new and clean
Fitness Center was not your average hotel type. It has raquetball, squash, indoor- outdoor pool, tennis courts, golf course, driving range and aerobics classes. I would like to bring my family back for the weekend. I didn't know there was a place like that with resort ammenities so close to home. This time I was stuck in a meeting for most of the time but if I go back with my family I will do some of the fun things. I checked the weekend rates before I left and they seemed reasonable!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I will start by saying that i have known and visited this hotel since 1989. I have always said that this hotel is perfect. However, i have never written a review...so here goes.
I arrived Friday Feb 13 at 11:00....for valentine weekend. From the second you pull up...the gentlemen have your car unpacked and you are on your way to check in. That whole process is full of smiles and efficiency. The room is ready...yes...no waiting for your room. Next you are escorted to room "servan" (spelling?)
who i recognize from previous stays. He is wonderful...
We change and go to the best pool.........indoor and temperature regulated for outdoor swimming. Yes!!! You can swim outdoors...under a beautiful blue sky. The lifeguard and all the people in the sports area are truly wonderful. Smiles, helpful and accomodating. We make reservations for raquetball with ease. Spent the day at pool and gym area.
Back to the room, rest and get ready for "the pub" for dinner.
oh wait a minute....the room is more than comfortable. Our room had 2 desks, plenty of space for clothing and the beds and the bathroom are wonderful. The amenities in the bathroom are great too!
The gym has a water cooler and fresh coffee and tea available all day. towels are easily available..1,2 or whatever you need.
Ok............the pub. Service and smiles. The food ...great pub food with servers willing to accomodate your every wish.
There is a dance floor and a DJ. On friday evening the DJ was great!!!
In the morning a breakfast buffet (included in your stay) is far better than any breakfast i have had elsewhere. You are served like kings and queens in the dining area. OJ and water are served in beautiful glasses.. Refilling of coffee is done without waiting more than 2 seconds. The variety of food and homemade omelets is truly beyond belief.
We scheduled massages and a facial for myself. Ok....let me tell you about Samantha.............I love her!!! ( i had met her on a prior stay and remembered how wonderful she was) She helped us figure out when we would both be able to have the services done at the same time. She is certainly an asset to this hotel.
We went to a free tennis clinic at noon. Oh...forgot to say we participated at thegym in a step class. Although, the class was very good...the instructor was 1/2 late which did interfere with our plans. (we specifically ate breakfast early and planned something after the class)
The massage and facial were excellent.
Now...today being valentines day..........the staff and mood of the hotel was really special. The housekeepers were delivering beautiul robes to every room. We went to the managers reception at 5:00. Unbelievable...is all i can say. Open bar and a spread of fruit, chocolate, crudite and fruit which you can dip in chocolate. At the same time, hot and cold treats are being served by servers walking around the lobby.
We went to dinner in the atrium...................if i told you everything that was there...i dont think you would believe me. Its just too good to believe. The staff in the atrium are the best!!! Trays of food are being replenished ...even before the ones there are finished. OYsters and clams are more than plentiful. carving stations and on and on. A beautiful gold box of candy is given to every woman as she leaves dinner. There is a live band and dancing available after dinner.
We returned to our room to change into comfortable clothing to continue our nite dancing at the "pub". IN the room a bottle of pellegrino and 2 glasses in a beautiful red ice bucket are on the desk waiting for us. (others, rec'd champagne, we requested pellegrino instead) and of course as with everything else...our request was granted. Of course more chocolate was left and also turn down service.
This special valentines weekend package included a "brunch"FOR SUNDAY.
Ok..............this place really needs to be commended on their excellent food, presentation, atmosphere, and service. Again, i cannot even begin to tell you the variety of food....all i will say is that i give this place a 10+.
Check out was excellent...actually had a $239 error on bill, but that was quickly removed...(of course with a smile)
Bellhop, valet , registration all excellent!!!
This place is 45 minutes from home and still continues to be my favorite get away. we never left the hotel........there is no need to.
BRAVO TO ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS EXCELLENT SERVICE!!!
PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO WRITE IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Stayed here for one night over a weekend for a family celebration at the hotel. While the hotel was clean, employes friendly and facilities abundent, this hotel looks like it just time warped in from 1985.

The hotel has a nice indoor/outdoor pool a nice pub to eat/dance in and a golf course. The food in the main dining room was served buffet style and was just "ok"

Bed was very comfortable, TV had lots of channels but the shower kept backing up.

This hotel certainly is a decent place to stay for a conference but I would look else where to spend my money for a leisure vacation.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2008

For the money, a tremendous disappointment. The hotel smells very musty, is expensive, average rooms, ....I was just not impressed. The only reason I stayed here was that it was mandated by my company for a conference. Other than that, I'd not come back.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Sbsundevil
Reviewed July 23, 2008

I booked this hotel for a relaxing weekend with my family. Where else can you find a country like setting with a golfcourse, tennis and indoor outdoor pool just outside of New York cCty. Well, thats the good part.

On Saturday night, there was a false fire alarm and they evacuated the whole hotel at 4am. While I know the alarm was there to protect us, they never explained what happened, there were no personnel to tell us what was going on, simply to return to our rooms later. And worse, never an apology nor was anything done to compensate for waking our family up and ruining our supposedly relaxing trip.

When I complained with a group of other people, they passed me a letter with a $25 voucher for a future stay? With that type of service why would I ever return. I was not the only one expecting more, you could hear everyone complaining at breakfast the next day. it was like they simply didn't care if you ever returned.

The property is nice, but the they just dont seem to care. Service was spotty throughout my stay. Breakfast buffet was bountiful but they ran out of items and didnt replacement them. Lunch in the casual restaurant took 40 mintues to be served. And when you have small children that is an eternity.

What a shame, this could have been the place my family has been looking for for a summer weekend retreat from the heat of NYC. Now I understand why this property seemed empty despite great amenities.

But we wont go back.

Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown
4 mi away
Cambria hotel & suites White Plains - Downtown
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester

Been to Doral Arrowwood? Share your experiences!