We stayed at the Doral Arrowwood for five nights for combining playing golf and visiting family.
We booked a premium king room. I think premium meant that we had a nice renewed bathroom. It has a large walk in shower. The room itself was kind of small. On one side of the bed you could barely walk and there was no space for a nightstand, so there was no light on this side of the bed.
The other night stand was crowded with the telephone, a huge radio and a lamp. We asked to put a lamp on the other side of the bed as well, they must have tried, cause when we returned to our room some furniture had been moved but nothing had changed. My husband moved a floor lamp next to his side and we had to lead the wire behind the bed to plug it in. Not a big deal, I wonder why they didn't do so. Well, as I said, no big deal for us as well. The furniture looks worn out, could be replaced. On the second day our AC stopped working, so we needed this to be fixed. On the desk there was a lamp which had a plug that was broken, very dangerous for kids. It caused a blackout. So we again needed a technician to fix it.
Still I would go back to this hotel. Everybody was very friendly and helpful. We had booked the golf package, so the breakfast buffet was included. We liked the breakfast, they had a cooked on order station for eggs and omelettes. The stuff at the golf course was very friendly and knew our names on the second day. We got lunch vouchers for the golf restaurant or the pub. We only used them in the golf restaurant and liked the food there. We payed 100 $ for each of our sons playing on the weekend so we found our package rate to be favorable.
While we were playing a round of golf with our sons our daughters in law could use the onsite facilities and enjoyed themselves at the pool. After 4 days of playing golf it gets a little boring cause they only have 9 holes. It also can easily get crowded and there were players regularly squeezing in somewhere on the course.
The buildings are older, like some other reviewers wrote, it's like being back in the 80s but everything is clean and well kept up, the surrounding yards are nice, the service is good and the stuff is friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doral Arrowwood is a 369 room hotel and resort located in Westchester County, NY. The property offers conference and banquet facilities, award-winning dining and a range of resort activities including golf and tennis and racquet sports. Indoor-outdoor pool and state-of-the-art sports center with spa services available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Doral Arrowwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doral Arrowwood Hotel Rye Brook
- Doral Arrowwood Rye Brook
- Doral Arrowwood Westchester County, NY - Rye Brook