Doral Arrowwood
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
HYATT house White Plains(White Plains)
Homestead Inn(Greenwich)
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Good 3.5/5
Esplanade Hotel(White Plains)
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubgolf coursesuny purchasethe indoor outdoor poolself parkingbreakfast buffethealth clubplay golftennis courtsdriving rangelap lanesatrium restaurantfitness centerwestchester airportcocktail hourbeautiful propertywhite plains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2008

What can I say. Wanted to stay at a nice spa. This is NOT the place. I'll keep this real simple......

* Steam Room Out of Service
* Hot Tub Closed for cleaning at 7pm
* No Massage Appointments available
* Airplanes flying over at all hours.
*Management did little to address our problems
*Buffet $32 per person. Food looks like garbage
* Total bill for my Spa experience.... $340!!!!!!!!

If you are at this place on business I guess it's ok but they claim they: "Are MORE of a resort on the weekends" - says the manager, Louis. Who frankly, could care less what our experience was like.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank troyboyfilms
Reviewed July 29, 2007

We, a family of 4, stayed 3 nights at the Arrowwood. We came in for a wedding (nearby, not at the Arrowwood). The rate was a special group rate which didn’t include the buffet breakfast. (More about that later.) Rooms were clean and comfortable, nothing fancy, but not run down either. Bathroom standard issue, clean, again nothing special. Grounds are very nice and well kept. We used the pool which was nice, but not the golf course. The hotel is directly in the landing path for the nearby Westchester County airport – which can be either interesting or scary depending on your point of view. Regardless, the room itself was quiet which was the most important thing.

Our group was treated to a buffet breakfast by the wedding party. Not worth it at $15/per person, IMO. Glad I wasn’t paying. The egg/omelet station was the slowest I’ve ever seen, with a very long line. You would think they were cooking the chickens, not the eggs. I gave up waiting after I heard the first guy in line tell the cook to “take it off already”. There are no other choices at the hotel for breakfast. The other mornings we found a diner, the Port Chester Diner on the Post Road, a much better value. Ask the concierge for directions. If your rate includes the buffet, by all means go for it. If not, think twice.

• Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank BigDubya
Reviewed January 7, 2007

There seems to be a common theme among larger hotels in the Westchester County Area. They all look as if they need renovations, and dont quite have the service needed for the amount of guests. This place is no exception. I think its because there are so few quality hotels in the White Plains area that many of them just dont feel the competition to go the extra mile.

The hotel itself is huge and sprawls over many acres of gorgeous real estate. Outside of the fact that the hotel lies on final approach for Westchester Airport, the location is perfect. There are many dining and drinking options on the premises and from what I tried the food was quite good - although overpriced. We went there on a warm early srping day and the outdoor bar area was open , which was a nice touch. The rooms were quite big , but very average in terms of quality. They look as if they if a nice renovation would really help them out. The indoor/outdoor pool and fitness center areas all looked nice, but we did not get to try them. The Breakfast buffet was very extensive, but the quality was simply average. It was not bad by any means, but not of the quality of a 4*or 5 * hotel.

With a few renovations I think this could be a top of the line hotel, but it is not quite there yet. That being said, I think most people will be ok for one or two nights here.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank icem2829
Reviewed September 2, 2006

Booked reservations for a "quiet and relaxing" weekend through the properties in-house reservations, I was clear in telling them what I was hoping to experience at the hotel, "quiet and relaxing". Well, this was not what greeted us at the Doral Arrowwood. A planned property wide carpet install was underway with work starting early in the morning and going on until past 10PM. The hotel was a mess. O.K., try and overlook this - head to the Pub for a quick dinner - now, it's hard to do pub food bad but the Doral exceeded in this. Sub-par food and ridiculously bad service. O.K. keep trying for the "relaxing" bit, pull down sheets to find hair in the bed - and lovely "personal" body hairs awaiting us throughout the bathroom. Very 80's style hotel designed in a way to let all voices and noises echo throughout. Such a disappointment - our "quiet and relaxing" weekend was cut short as we happily departed early and non-showered. Would not recommend this property to anyone, carpet install or not!

Oh yea, we had a patio room with a "golf view" this consisted of some manicured, cut grass and a broken screen that invited all bugs and pests right inside.

• Stayed: September 2006
5  Thank kmbnyc
Reviewed January 4, 2006

By visiting the web site, I thought this resort was going to be easy to get to and keep me and my guests occupied for three days. I was wrong. Coming from Northern New Jersey, we found it very confusing to get to and it took a lot longer than anticipated. Upon arriving, you can have your vehicle valet parked if you want, but we opted not to and therefore had to walk from the parking lot to the hotel. Check-in was pretty smooth, although there was initially no one at the front desk when we arrived. There were employees at the concierge and customer service desks though so they promptly got someone to check us in. We were then escorted to our room via a bell hop which was nice considering the lay out of the hotel is quite confusing.

The room was nice, but nothing spectacular. The free Internet service was nice, but inconsistent, sometimes not working at all. The room was of a nice size, everything was clean and quiet except for the few airplanes flying above occasionally. Overall, I thought it was just very standard.

There are four restaurants. We didn't eat at The Atrium because the buffet was expensive and we also didn't try Provare. We did eat at Mulligan's which is outdoors and The Pub, both of which had decent food at decent prices. We basically ordered room service which arrived timely and was always good.

The pool is nice, it connects between indoors and outdoors. Even though it was September, I felt the water was a little cold. There are also lanes designated for that type of swimming. Although I do believe you have to sign up for that. We briefly went in the hot tub, but that got old fast too. There is also a gym, which we didn't try. There is a very small game room that I don't know how long it would keep children occupied. The web site boasts they offer a wide array of activities, and although I don't doubt they may have them, I personally didn't take advantage of these activities, nor did I see any one else other than the few people in the gym and pool and people playing golf.

In a nutshell, this resort is nice, inside and out. Nothing spectacular but there were no real problems other than there not being much to do unless you golf. We went out once and got lost for about 30-45 minutes because it was dark and there are no street lights. This is a golf resort, so if that's your thing you'd have a lot more enjoyable time. Overall our stay was relaxing, but we only stayed two nights instead of three because we were too bored. I wouldn't go back again simply because it is too hard to get to and there's not enough to keep me occupied.

7  Thank rcr115