“"Surprise 50th Birthday Party at the Pub"”
Review of Doral Arrowwood

Doral Arrowwood
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
Scarsdale, New York
“"Surprise 50th Birthday Party at the Pub"”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

A great night out! Hosted my husband's surprise 50th Birthday Party Saturday night at the Pub. Everyone had a great time. The game room was reserved for us and the service was exceptional. Everything went smoothly thanks to "Luis" the waiter who was assigned to my party. It was the perfect place to have a party! Great time!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I wanted to start off my review by letting you as a reader know I am a hotel manager myself, and i want to make sure that as you are reading this you understand how I felt as a guest at Doral. It was my first time back at the Doral Arrowood in 15 years and we stayed there for my sisters wedding and was very disappointed with my recent stay. My wife and I were staying with the rest. of out of town guests that had a block of rooms. Upon my arrival there was no one in the driveway to welcome me. Furthermore I grabbed a bell cart and began to unload the groom men's tuxedos and all my personal belongs out of my vehicle myself. 2 minutes later when I am grabbing the last item the bellman came over and assisted me where clearly it was too late. After walking in the door the 2 two guest service agents were busy doing other things. As we know it in the industry there are lots of moving pieces at the front desk and each employee should acknowledge a guest as soon as they walk in so they are not left standing there. This did not happen and I waited for 2 minutes before I was greeted. Checkin process went quick and I was off to my room so that I can unpack before my wife was arriving shortly behind me so that we can get to the rehearsal dinner. As soon as the bellman left (Carlos) who by the way was exceptional things went far down hill. The room itself was dated and something that I clearly am not upset nor for my writing a negative review about however the following was discovered immediately.

1. Toilet was not cleaned. There was pink and black stuff in the bowl. The side of the bowl was black.
2. Hair on top of the toilet, bath tub, and back splash of the sink.
3. Mold in the shower grout and rubber mat.
4. Hair pin on the floor.
5. Spider on the wall.
6. Broken light bulb to the floor lamp.
7. Sink had a constant drip.

I Immediately called the Concierge and asked the Director of Housekeeping come to my room so that as industry professional I can point out the above and show her what my room condition was in once I arrived. 10 minutes later and after a second call the housekeeping supervisor arrived. I toured the room and showed her what I found and gave her my business card to Identify myself so that there can be some follow up with her supervisor or upper management. I was surprised since the expectation is that when a Executive or Director is requested to see a guest that it is done so. Needless to say the problems were corrected except for the broken floor lamp and leaking faucet. My wife arrived and we were off for the night to the rehearsal and dinner. When we got back I thought some follow-up from the Doral would have been provided such as a recovery or acknowledgement, or a personal apology letter. I was shocked that none of those happened. The next morning I emailed the Doral through their website to let someone know what has happen thus far of my stay so someone can reach out to me, however my email was ignored and no one seemed to care. In the industry we often hear of guest comments or complaints after a guest has left the property. The right thing to do is speak up while you are at the hotel so that the staff and management can perform whatever glitch program they have in place to turn that negative experience into a positive. That never happened at Doral and even at check-out today the guest service agent never asked how my stay was. She clearly wanted to make sure my bill was settled and that was it. As for packing up the car once again no help what so ever other than my wife being there to assist. The staff at Doral never seemed to go out of their way including the breakfast my family hosted this morning. It is a shame that Doral was once my favorite place to stay will now be my last choice. I hope as a reader you found this review helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Marc C
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2012

A perfect getaway! Had a family reunion here. Setting is perfect for all ages. The staff couldn't have done more to make our reunion memorable. Food and ambience great too. After the event The Pub was a perfect place to end the night with drinks and dancing. Breakfast, which comes with the room, is a buffet that has something for everyone. A good value for anytime.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We reserved rooms for our guests - everyone had a great time -- almost like being at a destination wedding. our grandchildren swam, had tennis and golf lessons and enjoyed the beautiful grounds.
the service was great, food tasty and the entire experience was wonderful. the wedding was not held at the hotel - but the location is so convenient for all new york, westchester and out of town guests.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Putnam Valley, NY
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a lovely wedding experience at the Doral with friends. The setting was beautiful and the staff was on point. Everything went smoothly for our friends, while we as guests enjoyed ourselves a great deal. The over night stay was great and the room was comfortable. The choice of self-park or valet is a wonderful idea. We chose self since we were there for the night and our car was easliy accessible.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms that I can see. The place is truly comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
DoralArrowwoodGM, General Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Shilo2,

As the premier Westchester wedding site, we pride ourselves on offering not only delicious food and wonderful service but also a variety of indoor and outdoor event options, including our newly remodeled Pavilion. Our goal is to make each and every event hosted at Doral Arrowwood a memorable occasion. I am so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves at the event and that your found our rooms to be extremely comfortable. We hope that you visit us again soon.

new england
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here because it is close to the airport in White Plains. The rooms are like those at budget motel, but with less charm. Cheap beds, grimy old carpet. The place has sort of an institutional feel. The staff is inexperienced and seemingly untrained. Just make sure you don't forget toothpaste or shaving cream. The front desk will not provide any; you have to buy it from the gift shop -- if it is open. The place probably has to make every penny it can before it goes out of business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ridley12345

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions. Our apologies that you did not enjoy your stay and had you shared your needs while you were here, we would have gladly accommodated your request for a different room. As you can see from all of our great reviews listed here on Trip Advisor, Doral Arrowwood has become the top Westchester County vacation destination because of exceptional service, well appointed guest rooms and our spectacular resort amenities including golf, tennis, indoor-outdoor heated pool and a variety of dining options amidst a setting of inspiring natural beauty. And with our specials and packages, relaxing Westchester vacations are a little more convenient and a lot less expensive. We hope the next time you visit Westchester you have the opportunity to experience all of the amenities we have to offer.

Chatham, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my frist trip to the Doral Arrowwood. I have been to may conference facilities but found this to be among the best. The service was the most outstanding I have seen in a very very long while. I self parked and left a light on in my car. When leaving the resort I realized my car battery was dead. Waited for AAA and then thought to ask the fron desk if someone could jump my car. Not only did the doorman try with a handheld battery charger which didn't work, he walked over to his car in a seperate lot and drove it over so he could jump my car from his. Everything they did for me was "thier pleasure". I needed to get back to NJ to see a Springstein concert and may not have made it is not for the Dorral staff. Service trumps everything!! However, the food was outstanding and the health club was the best I've ever seen. Looking forward to going back next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DoralArrowwoodGM, General Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your opinion of Doral Arrowwood on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you have found our property to be among the best that you have stayed in. From our state-of-the-art Sports Center complete with indoor/outdoor heated pool to our Atrium Restaurant serving a delicious variety of menu items on our lunch buffets daily, we strive to provide an outstanding experience to all our guests whether they are visiting us for business or pleasure. It is wonderful to hear that your experience here at Doral Arrowwood was exceptional and that you found our staff especially helpful and accommodating. We are glad that you made it back to New Jersey in time for your concert. We wouldn’t want you to have missed the Boss!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye Brook
#4 of 7 in White Plains
Courtyard Rye
Courtyard Rye
#1 of 1 in Rye

Been to Doral Arrowwood? Share your experiences!