“Long weekend of R & R”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rye
Allentown PA
“Long weekend of R & R”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is my second stay in the past year. The staff at the check in desk are extremely receptive and courteous. The window in our room was broken (this happened at another hotel in March, I am in the window industry, Go figure) and a staff member brought a new key for another room and we were moved in less then five minutes. Our room was quite, clean and comfortable, nothing fancy, but all the basics were met. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the highway or train station side, preferably the courtyard side, as t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mario B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Rye, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
DeerJeff, thank you for being a repeat guest, and for choosing our hotel during your time in the area! I apologize for the broken window in your room; I know that can be frustrating. My Chief Engineer is currently inspecting all windows as a project before the snow hits! Maybe you can give us a quote being that you’re in the business! I’m glad to hear our staff was quickly able to recover the situation and provide a room that met your needs. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you for the great tips on room location too, I’m sure future guest will appreciate it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New England
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Reservations were for a king bedded room. Got a room with two beds and it was a handicapped room. Towel had dirt on them, ceiling in bathroom was stained and wall paper was a patch job.

I had a burger and my spouse a panini. The forgot to take the wax paper off the pattie before grilling it.

Not what you expect from a Marriott

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hawaiiantraveler66
Hi Hawaiiantraveler66, thank you for staying with us during your travels, we appreciate your business! I apologize your request for a king bed was not available and you were placed in a handicap room. I don’t appreciate a handicap room either when I travel, so I can totally understand your annoyance, especially when your bed request wasn’t met either. We sincerely try our hardest to meet every guest request, but due to guest extending and selling out, it can make it difficult. Thank you for the feedback on room findings and in the restaurant, we appreciate all feedback good or poor as it helps our team improve. I can assure you, I will review them with my staff at our morning huddle tomorrow to ensure they do not occur again. I encourage you to share findings like this with a manager before check out, it will give the property the opportunity to rectify the issues prior to your departure and ensure you are satisfied with your stay, especially any Marriott. Our brand’s goal is to ensure every guest is 100% satisfied before they depart. Please give us a try again if you’re in the area, I will personally ensure you are made comfortable and content. Safe travels!

Travelers are raving about these Rye hotels

Allendale, New Jersey
Reviewed October 19, 2013

kick in a couple extra bucks and get a suite; bedroom can be completely locked from living quarters. living rm area is a heckuva lot bigger than expected and the cushioned chairs flanking the couch accommodate a pizza box perfectly without using table space. housekeeping has to look at corners near A/C unit in bedroom for forgotten bottles and a dust bunny that needs a leash, else it all looked good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MarkAXA
Hi MarkAXA
Thank you for the feedback! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your suite! Our suites are a hidden gem that when guest see, love! The extra space, refrigerator, microwave, and 2 televisions make any 1 night stay or 7 night stay very comfortable, especially when traveling with kids! I will share your room findings with my housekeeping team immediately to ensure they are paying close attention to detail like this. I apologize you found these items before my staff and I did. My General Manager and I have recently been doing room inspections alongside our Housekeeping Manager and Supervisor to ensure details like this are not over looked. Safe travels!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Pretty good overall, rooms clean, reception friendly, pleasant surroundings and convenient for a short stay. A definite plus was a large fridge which was put to good use and a lovely big bathroom too. Nothing amazing, but everything absolutely fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Creemore
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Doesn't live up to room standards of other Courtyards. Dirty floors, thread-bare towels. Housekeeping banging on our door at 8:15 ??? Oh, and did I mention the trains!! Breakfast, their recent change to bar/restaurant in the lobby - inconsistent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MurrayFirth
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a wonderful staff there is at this location in Rye. They made our stay wonderful and pleasant. The young lady at the front desk, Tracy, she was an absolute dream. Worked very hard to get us an early check in so that we can rest, relax or whatever it was that we needed. Not only that she continued to ensure that we were true New Yorkers by the time we left. Made sure that we knew how to take the train to the city, had adequate access to the internet for my wife's work computer and was just extremely helpful the whole time. She is certainly a true asset to thecompany. She is the smile and the angel that the customers need to see when they arrive after long hours of traveling. So many other people can learn a lot from her. Don't let her go.

Thank you for making our stay great!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel 3 times this season as we are moving into the area. Each time, the staff were extremely friendly and efficient, especially Jason on the front desk... Although he had only started 2 weeks ago, he could not have been more helpful & the same could be sais for the other staff. The room was comfortable (especially the bed and pillows) - more than adequate - we asked for a room over the courtyard so nice view. Service was both good and friendly, breakfast not included in room rate but it's good value with nice Starbucks coffee. Evening menu is quite limited if you're staying more than a couple of days but you're within walking distance of both Rye and Portchester, with lots of restaurant options. Beware of the cabs at Rye train station tho! We asked for a price to get back to the hotel from the train station several times and were quoted different prices every time, from $12 to 16!! We walked instead... Overall, I recommend this hotel for a business trip or vacation stopover.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye
Hilton Westchester
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to Courtyard Rye? Share your experiences!