“Has everything you need”
Review of Courtyard Rye

Courtyard Rye
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rye
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

This room had a big spacious room....desk was big and the bed was very comfortable....liked thr fact that I could go to the lobby and purchase food and beverages....very clean bathrooms and staff was nice

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank jvasqu11

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed at the Courtyard on December 13-15, 2012 since I was attending shows at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY. The hotel was convenient to the highways and to the Capitol Theatre area. Hotel overall was fine - room was good size and comfortable, it had a refrigerator, and it was generally clean. However, the sofa had some stains on it that should have been cleaned prior to my visit. The staff was very friendly and provided assistance when needed. One of the better Courtyards that I have been too. I also stay at Hampton Inns a lot. If a Hampton Inn had been available in the area I would have chosen that for two reasons - breakfast is provided and 24 hour coffee and tea is provided. The Courtyard has a Bistro but the hours and choices aren't great. There are many food options in the area though (Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, etc.) There is also a wild Costco a mile away (two floor Costco with crazy escalators) that is worth seeing if you have a membership. I would stay here again if I was in the area and a Hampton Inn wasn't available (currently there isn't one in Port Chester).

Room Tip: My room overlooked the pool area. I did not hear any noise from the highway or train. My room was...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ksdnj
Reviewed November 26, 2012

the management is very defensive and argumentative. my wife in wheelchair. offered us a second floor room. protest that is dangerous in case of fire. gave us a tiny room at the very back of the hotel on the first floor. reservations made five 5 weeks in advance. fourth time we stayed there. room NOT made up two of the four nights. Room had NO aids for disabled, not even the toilet aid bar you find in McDonalds. Temperature slid 10-15 degrees on two nights. No thermostat instructions. This was the first hotel i ever stayed in where you had to look sideways to watch tv from your bed. One reason the management behaves the way it does, i think, is that it is the only hotel in Rye.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I spent the night here on business and found my room to be clean and in order. The staff were friendly and helpful with questions. The property is a bit spread out which leads to some walking however the facility is well marked. The Hotel is located next to 95 and there are also many trains that go by until midnight so there is some noise at times. Also the business next door means nothing to see from your window. I did sleep and to me thats what I was there for.
The room rate was high, perhaps this was due to the Hurricane, who knows. Overall things were fine.

Room Tip: Some rooms have little balconies.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed at the Courtyard in Rye on 10/26 for two nights. The Staff were very accomodating as we reserved much of the Hotel for out of town wedding guests. The access to I-95 was excellent (just outside the driveway) It was easy to get around and back. There were computers in the Lobby so, my son could surf the web, There was an information kiosk as well to keep us posted of an impending weather condition. we were allowed to check in a little early which was helpful so we could freshen up for the wedding festivities. we were give accurate directions to local restaurants and malls in the vicinity. The room was not perfect but it wa comfortable. there were no bathrobes (to be fair, maybe courtyard does not provide these). the towels were very flimsy I was surprised after staying at another Marriott property just a month ago (although not a Courtyard...) overall, I recommend this property. there was construction occuring which affected one of the elevators therefore, the walk to the lobby was rather long.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My family just returned from a 3-night stay in two rooms. The entire place was clean, updated, and in a great location. Rooms were nicely decorated and there was no indication of a strong cleaning smell even though our rooms were spotless. My room was on the thruway side but with the heavy trees and shrubs, I was not bothered by the noise. In fact, the hotel seems very well insulated for there was no sounds from the adjoining rooms as well.
I really miss the old Courtyard breakfast buffet but the service here was efficient and the choices were adequate. I even had a light dinner one evening and the chicken caesar was tasty and fresh.
Every employee was polite, pleasant, and eager to help with whatever you needed. I have rarely seen this standard of customer service at every level.
If there were any suggestion, it would be to supply a courtesy van for the train station. It is only 5 minutes by car and would be a major help, for after sightseeing all day in NYC, you arrive footsore and weary and there are no cabs to be had at the station. Even though the walk is safe and level, doing this repeatedly gets a bit tiresome. The train trip itself is easy and convenient.
I would absolutely return at any time!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2012

If you have business in Greenwich, CT, there are some lovely hotels and inns: but they all charge Manhattan style prices. Consider instead staying two exits away off the New England thruway. It's not fancy. But it's clean, well located and affordable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side facing the Home Depot. The other side has noise from the Thruway and/or the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye
Renaissance Westchester Hotel
HYATT house White Plains
#4 of 7 in White Plains
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel

Been to Courtyard Rye? Share your experiences!