Courtyard by Marriott Rye
$189
$170
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
HYATT house White Plains(White Plains)
$145
Homestead Inn(Greenwich)
$350
$392
$260
Mamaroneck Motel(Mamaroneck)
$105
Hotels.com
Doral Arrowwood(Rye Brook)(Great Value!)
$178
$169
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown(White Plains)(Great Value!)
$153
  • Restaurant
$152
CambriaHotels
$369
  • Restaurant
All reviewsport chesterfront desktrain stationcapital theaterstarbucks coffeeeasy accesshousekeeping staffindoor pooloff the highwayearly checkcomfy bedroom was spotlesswestchester countywould stay againstayed one nightnice staybusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Checkin was quick, friendly and easy. The lobby is the new Courtyard lobby with the Bistro. Food was good and staff were excellent.

Room was the new style. Clean. The bathroom area is very dark but it was also clean.

Pool area was ok. Gym is basically a closet and smelled like mold.

INTERNET WAS ONE OF THE WORST I HAVE EXPERIENCED. I just don't understand these business hotels. We need fast Internet. The funny thing was that I was actually at the Renaissance and their Internet was down and I moved to this hotel. Brutal.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Good:

The lobby of this hotel is very nice. It has been redone in the new Courtyard style and it works well.

The room itself was quite nice, big TV and nice comfy beds. I had a room which looked out over the courtyard which was nice and I had my own balcony.

The courtyard area looked quite nice although I never went out in it.

Staff were nice and seemed interested in helping.

The Bad:

My problems started when I got up to the 4th floor. The area of the hallway near the second elevator smelled so strongly of mold and mildew that I couldn't breath while I walked past.

Unfortunately there was a large red stain on the carpet between the beds and it wasn't new.

The hotel did have free wifi but the speed was TERRIBLE. I got .2 Mb/s down and .09 Mb/s up with a 642 ms ping. It's a bit hard to imagine why the owners of this hotel opted for such a cheap internet solution.

While waiting to leave I sat down in the lobby only to be told by a woman not to sit on that part of the couch because I would get dripped on. I'm glad she told me because when I looked up I could see water damage on the ceiling.

My final complaint is a very minor one. This hotel just seemed old and had just been re-styled every time Marriott asked them to. Once you leave the lobby it feels like an old hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stay here for work travel far more often than I'd like to admit. Lovingly called "the Rye" by me and my co-workers.

This is about as standard as you can get. For example, the artwork and furniture is not only similar from room to room, but is the same as other Courtyard's I've visited in KS, AZ, GA, etc (I like that the couch has a spot for a drink...). As a mid-service business hotel, this is pretty nice. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The area immediately next to the hotel isn't too nice, but go one mile either left or right and you've got decent options for food in Port Chester and Rye. And it is generally quite and laid back, so that is nice.

Some of the negatives:

1. The internet is terrible. Forget about trying to stream Netflix - the connection is just not good enough.
2. The gym isn't too nice - this is a problem for the entire brand, but it is basically 2 treadmills, one bike and some dumbells stuffed into a closet, and it feels that way.
3. Avoid the rooms on the back side of the hotel facing the parking lot. The commuter train to the city runs right behind the hotel. It isn't too bad at night since it doesn't run very often, but in the evenings it seems like those things go by every 15 minutes, and it is fairly loud and distracting.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the back side of the hotel that faces the parking lot. Facing the courtyard is okay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed in a suite located in a very quiet area of hotel. Room was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. I found the staff absolutely wonderful, and so accommodating. Had some time to check out the fitness area and it was great. The treadmill and elliptical machines were of gym quality, (top of the line). Overall we had a wonderful stay at this property. The location was great and the property was well maintained and very clean. Would definitely stay here again. Another plus, great beds and suites have balconies. Also, no bugs!!!! YEA!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed one night and found the staff friendly and helpful. My room was tucked into the corner on the second floor, which also meant I had a cute balcony. The bed was extremely comfortable, there was a refrigerator in the room, well stocked bathroom. The decor/art was skimpy and the pillows were somewhat flat, but overall the room was a good stay for a great price in the perfect location.

Room Tip: Lots of children noise on the first floor by the pool - I would recommend a higher floor for a quieter room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business