“Average food and bit overpriced”
Review of Town Dock Tavern

Town Dock Tavern
Ranked #14 of 53 Restaurants in Rye
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had dinner at the bar. The restaurant has a traditional old school, no frills kind of flavor. It's a bit dimly lit with the traditional dark wood bar. They fit quite a few seats and what feels like a cramped space. There is one TV. I don't think it was HD and certainly not an elaborate flat screen, so I wouldn't come here if you want a good look at a game. Seemed to have a very local flavor, which is fine.

If you walked by on the side walk and peeked inside, you might think it was a bit of a dive with the usual greasy pub food. To be fair, the food is a bit better than that, but nothing overly inventive. Much of the menu is the traditional fare from chicken pot pie to beef stew to meatloaf. There is also a decent selection of fish on the menu.

I had the crab cakes which were average at best. They might have been home made, but looked more like they came from a box and were fried up on a skillet. And there was no lump meat at all. Price was about $12.

I followed it up with the scallop dish, which was tasty but only came with four medium sized scallops for around $25.

As far as alcohol, a short list of wines by the glass, all under $10, and a half dozen or so beers on tap. No cocktail menu at all, so definitely old school.

Service was friendly, but no real Wow. I'd say there are better choices in Rye for a similar or better price.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I use to frequent Town Dock unitl I moved away 3 years ago. It was fun, friendly and good food. The atmosphere is just like "CHEERS". I returned to the area for a few weeks to take care of a sick family member and I am THRILLED the place is the same. The regulars are still in "their" seats, the service is still great , (same servers :) same good food with a few changes & great value !!!! SO happy to return to the best neighborhood bar in town !!! ( regulars secret : ask about the MAPLETREE burger not on the menu!!)

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We've been to the Town Dock Tavern several times in 2012 as out of town visitors. It's obviously a local favorite, but each time we've felt welcomed both by the staff and the regulars who can be very friendly.The prices are reasonable, the food is quite good and their wine list is above average for a small local establishment. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

I had my husband's 50th birthday dinner at The Town Dock. and can't say enough great things about the restaurant. Food was great, service was supreme. My favorite meal was the meatloaf but I can honestly say that everybody loved their meal. We felt so taken care of and the the entire staff made for a very special evening.
We cant wait to go back!

1  Thank amyc15
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I loved this place, the fish and chips and clam dockside were great! My boyfriend had the steak sandwich and he said it was awesome. Cold beer, good wine and friendly service in a really neat place, what more could we ask for?