“CHEERS of Rye”

Cuisines: Deli, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I use to frequent Town Dock unitl I moved away 3 years ago. It was fun, friendly and good food. The atmosphere is just like "CHEERS". I returned to the area for a few weeks to take care of a sick family member and I am THRILLED the place is the same. The regulars are still in "their" seats, the service is still great , (same servers :) same good food with a few changes & great value !!!! SO happy to return to the best neighborhood bar in town !!! ( regulars secret : ask about the MAPLETREE burger not on the menu!!)

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We've been to the Town Dock Tavern several times in 2012 as out of town visitors. It's obviously a local favorite, but each time we've felt welcomed both by the staff and the regulars who can be very friendly.The prices are reasonable, the food is quite good and their wine list is above average for a small local establishment. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

I had my husband's 50th birthday dinner at The Town Dock. and can't say enough great things about the restaurant. Food was great, service was supreme. My favorite meal was the meatloaf but I can honestly say that everybody loved their meal. We felt so taken care of and the the entire staff made for a very special evening.
We cant wait to go back!

1  Thank amyc15
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I loved this place, the fish and chips and clam dockside were great! My boyfriend had the steak sandwich and he said it was awesome. Cold beer, good wine and friendly service in a really neat place, what more could we ask for?

Reviewed August 8, 2010

I had eaten there many times.. Food was always good and service fine. I was out of the area for about one year and thought I'd stop in the good old Town Dock Tavern for lunch. Well, the waitress took our order pretty quickly, served our drinks quickly. 25 minutes later and still no food..no waitress, no nothing. She did not stop in once in those 25 minutes to see how we were. She dropped back in with food.. All burnt rolls to black/charred burnt. ON BOTH SIDES. And slammed it on the table. She came by once and just looked no words. Another 25 minutes later a man came and picked up plates and left bill. I paid cash and left HER a 10% tip. She was nowhere to be found. I left it in quarters. When leaving the establishment an "older" woman, short, with short gray hair and glasses. Lots of wrinkles ran up to my car windown and pounded on it. Saying I did not leave her (I think the waitress is her daughter..younger version of her), enough tip and not to come back again..I told her I had spent a lot of money there in the past and the food was much better before. She said I should've told waitress about the food. AHH SHE DID NOT COME BACK TO THE TABLE AT ANYTIME TO ASK US HOW THE FOOD WAS!! DUHHHH! I called up and asked for bartender as I thought he was the owner. He is not..but he supplied me with owner's name and I will be contacting him. When he is not there, the place runs amock! The bartender (with the older woman urging him on in background.) Said I should've given the girl 15% as she has rent to pay! Being a business owner..I don't know about other businesses, but poor service, and violent workers (banging on my car window..I drove away with her still literally hanging on.)..does not spell success..Dear Anthony/owner..you need better help. 50+ bucks not well spent!

4  Thank jdp053