“RYE PLAYLAND- NEARBY FUN!!!”
Review of Playland Park

Playland Park
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Rye
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I took the Metro-North to Rye and got a local bus right at the station out to Rye Playland. My 6 year old daughter loved the rides. They have rides for people of all ages. Variety of foods to eat pizza, Burger King, and Popeyes. My husband and I most enjoyed the $4.00 boat ride, kids can ride too. It was a fun and relaxing day, close to home.

2  Thank Anjenique
in 8 reviews
"bumper cars"
"tiki bar"

Reviewed June 3, 2009

I used to go to Rye Playland with my family as child and remember having the time of my life. Just recently I took my own family Sunday, May 31st and to my family's disappointment the cost had went drastically up. Parking was $5.00, Non-rider fee just to walk into the park was $5.00 for non-westchester residents. That would have been $15.00 for all three of us, not to mention that the kiddie rides are all 5 points which is basically 5 dollars each. Sure, you can purchase a fun band for $30.00 but my 3 year old son is way over 36 inches and does not like going on all the rides. Playland is a total waste of money!!! For rides that are outdated, no real thrill rides for adult riders, it isn't worth the money. Most people will have a better time for the money at six flags! We just ended up leaving and going to New Roc City.

2  Thank jojo3147
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Rye Playland can be a lot of fun on a nice weekend with your family, otherwise I would never go. Playland is fun until you realize what it is really like. It is a government owned park with no entrance fee which makes it so the park doesn't stay clean and the food is disgusting. Last time I went O got a stick of cotton candy o find that there was a bee stuck in it, I officially decided never to go back until my friends convincd me to go with them, I regreted going back. When I went back I found out that a kid died that night leading to the park closing a half hour after I got there. I would never tell anybody to go here unless they wanted to experience the WORST AMUSEMENT PARK IN THE COUNTRY!

2  Thank FloridaFreak17
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I was very surprised that when I arrived at the park on Memorial Day I had to pay to walk in the door. A Public Park!!!! I do not go on any rides!!! I brought my daughter and some friends and proceeded to have to pay more to walk in the door than Disney. To charge a Westchester resident $3 and a non-resident $5 just to walk in is horrible. Each non-resident all day pass is $30. A family of 4 who goes on rides including parking has to spend $130 just to get in for the day and ride. If perhaps once you are in you want to go on a ride and you do not have an all day pass the points are a $1 a point. the machines only go in incriments of 5 so you always have unused points at the end of the day What a racket!!!! I have been going to Playland since I was a little girl and I will not go back this year it was a disgrace. I also felt as if I was in JAIL all the gates are locked, That must be a fire hazard. Something has to change otherwise this season will fail!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 16, 2009

We have just come back from a trip to Playland. We took the kids there a couple of years ago and it was perfect for us, as we could pop over, have a few rides and come home again.
Now the rides are a minimum of $5 each...including the littlest kids rides. So, having 3 of our children go on the little rollercoaster cost us $15 for about a 30 second ride! They offer the $25-$30 all you can ride ticket but we didn't want to spend $150 on going to what is basically a fairground.

My second child was upset as two of the medium sized rides that he wanted to go on were closed so he was left with the log flume and the little kid rides....not so great for an 8 year old!!

All in all, we were so disappointed as Playland's policy to hike the prices to silly levels made it as expensive as going to a "proper" theme park. Whereas, before today, we were planning to go quite a few times over the season, we just won't return. We'll drive further and give Six Flags our cash instead.

3  Thank HolidayClan