“Comfort Food”

Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Rye
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Rye Roadhouse can be explained in two words. Comfort food. You would never know this place was here unless you heard about from a friend, who I can guarantee would recco it to you if they had been there. Its off the beaten path from downtown Rye but worth the extra mile or so. The food reminded me of total comfort food. I mean Meatloaf, mac and cheese and chili are all items served here. There is a cajun flair to some of the items on the menu so be prepared to taste some new items as well. Atmosphere is comfortable and service is great. Highly recco that you heck this place out. I know that I could use some mac and cheese now!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've been to The Rye Roadhouse many times. I can't even tell you what my favorite thing on the menu is because it's all so delicious! Their Sunday brunch is amazing with biscuits and gravy and candied pecan coconut French toast but then again the mac and cheese, jalapeño mac and cheese, meatloaf, and fajitas are just as great for dinner just to name a few. I've heard that they've added some things to the menu (sweet potato pancakes being 1) that I can not wait to go back and try. Also, they have a great staff which contributes to the atmosphere which is relaxed and fun whether you are in the dining room with or at the bar. This restaurant is definitely a must try!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you don't like lots of noise don't come here it's loud!!! Great service great food. One problem it is right next to the I95. otherwise great!!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This resto is found in a street that appears to be very residential and you wouldn't just stumble over it. You need to decide this is where you are going to eat and go there and you'll need your GPS to find it. BUT it is worth making that choice.

When we arrived without a reservation we had no problem getting 5 of us served. BUT BE AWARE - if we had arrived 10 minutes later we would have had to wait so a reservation might be a good idea if you are coming from very far away.

The service is friendly and familiar. Our waitress was very funny and personable. There is a wide choice of food and we all really enjoyed our meals. I particularly enjoyed my wife's meatloaf! My kids who usually select adult meals were complete satisfied with the kids menu.

The noise level here can get to the point where you have to really raise you voice for the person on the other side of the table can hear you. This didn't bother us at all and even enhanced the atmosphere but in case you are looking for a quiet evening out this could be an issue.

Very nice - well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Cajun breaks fast special was to die for and had way too much to eat. The owner was on duty and helped serve the food while a local football coach is on duty on Sundays and adds to the friendliness of the place.
Attention to every detail and imagination to each of the four meals we tried. I wish I could get there recipes for collard greens!
Super bar selections.