“Good for drinks”

Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Rye
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Place looks dirty. Old does not have. To be unclean. The food is ok. Nothing really stands out.

2  Thank isiciliani

Reviewed October 28, 2011

I had beans/ rice with andouille, my colleage had the brisket...large portions, great maple butter with the cornmeal cakes...so many choices... will definitely go back...figure $17.50 each for lunch. Clean bathroom but not handicap accessible

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Went to the Roadhouse a couple of times persuaded by people who raved about this restaurant. The service was nothing special and the food was less than satisfying both times. Bland burgers and the meatloaf was over-reheated in the microwave and barely edible. Very disappointing restaurant but I have learned my lesson to avoid the Roadhouse now.

4  Thank Foodlovertoo
Reviewed December 23, 2010

If you are looking for good food in a homey atmosphere this is the place to go. Their jambalaya is bar none as is their brisket sandwich, baked mac n cheese with jalapeno (or without) and gumbo....excellent food and reasonable....and don't forget the burgers. I personally can do without the gator nuggets but that is my personal taste....others love them fried or blackened. The wait staff makes you feel like you are part of the family. Check out the daily specials.....Have heard brunch is good too although I have not tried it myself. Overall you can't miss at the Roadhouse...bring the kids too.

1  Thank elsbells63
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Overall, this was a wonderful meal at a top-notch family informal restaurant. The burger I had was just perfect and the french fries are exactly right. The hot sauces at the table were a bit disappointing in the realm of heat, but 2 of the 3 of them had very nice flavor.
The sweet potato fries were delicious, but you can almost sense your arteries closing. The service was both attentive and friendly. I enjoyed the interior, while my wife felt it a bit claustrophobic (wood, without much natural light). The only thing I would not order again was the gator bits, as they were chewier than I expected, but it had been years since I have eaten anything like it, so maybe they were correct... just not my thing anymore.
I will definitely be going back within a week for another burger. (Oh, and call ahead for directions since there is a street closure not reflected in google that will really throw you off course).

1  Thank sibewill