All reviews themed rooms fire pit continental breakfast steam room hot tub one of a kind thought of everything spiral staircase can't wait to go back coconut cream pie main office different theme unique place little details yogurt entire stay get away
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a local wedding and loved the Roxbury! Such a fun vibe, extremely clean, provided great amenities. Outdoor space is beautiful. Staff was courteous and very attentive. Would definitely visit again!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a very unique place. Expect the unexpected with the decor. The staff are very in-tuned to customer service and ensuring you are having a great experience, well except when they don’t have more limeade white chocolate bars despite there being a sign in each room telling you to just ask for more.. It is exceptionally clean. I definitely recommend visiting this unique find.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Here’s my annual review of Labor Day weekend at The Roxbury and as expected it did not disappoint! We allowed our son to pick our room over the last three visits and he picked Noir Boudoir. My husband and I were surprised and asked if he was sure and he said he was a big boy and planned to stay in the upstairs bedroom alone. Needless to say that never happened all weekend. It’s not so much that the room is scary, it draws inspiration from The Adams Family, but it is spooky on some levels so be warned, this may not be suitable for little kids! I do recommend watching a marathon of Adams Family, Dark Shadows and any Tim Burton movie in this room because it enhances the experience! I also encourage people who want to find their inner Morticia Adams to bring your wig and head upstairs and pose in the wicker chair and then lie down in the bed but here’s the trick, if you turn on the lights downstairs and you draw the curtain that overlooks the loft, but don’t close it all the way, I believe there is a way to get that Angelica Houston effect of the line of light to hit your eyes like the movie! I did not bring a wig and my husband was wondering what I was doing and alas I did not get my picture. The decor was macabre and fabulous all at the same time. Except for the painting that really gave me the creeps. Oh that upstairs double shower!!! Oh those funny mirrors that I won’t give away. It was a fun weekend all around! We have one more room to go in this building! I wish I took more pics inside of the room, oh well gotta book again! And as always it is always so much fun seeing the whole team, we love these people and going to the Roxbury is like home but more fabulous and no judgmental family members throwing shade!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2019

I booked the Roxbury for an overnight stay. The drive from the town of Woodstock was beautiful. The motel is unlike any other I've ever encountered. Yes, the room s are decorated in wild fashion, but the property is wonderful, located in a tranquil small-town setting. I wish I had planned more time to just sit and relax outside - very peaceful. The town is quite small, but one local (and good) restaurant, "Chappies", was just around the corner. Their continental breakfast at The Roxbury is a few steps up from from your typical bagel/cereal display, with meats, cheeses and fresh fruit. I give it five stars for a great experience.

Room tip: I wish I had booked a more expensive room, just for the experience.
Reviewed September 4, 2019

I'll have a difficult time putting into words just what an experience we had at the The Roxbury! Each room is themed (as shown on their website) and each is decorated with such detail that you'll spend lots of time just looking at said details. You'll need to pick your room carefully so as to be in an environment that you'll enjoy. In other words, if you're a pastor, you might not be comfortable in Miss Kitty's Room or the Shagadelic Room. I mention this because one review I read was offended with his room, but the website clearly explained that the Miss Kitty room was an homage to Gunsmoke's Miss Kitty, the Madame of the brothel upstairs in the saloon in Gunsmoke. Choose the room that sounds like fun to you!

We were with another couple and chose the Archaeologist's Digs...the owners' take on an Indiana Jones type setting. It was FABULOUS with so many details that we probably missed some. One night was definitely not long enough. The house looked like it had been designed and executed by someone from a Hollywood movie set. The house included a "story" about the archaeologist and his finds which show up all over the house...and done soooo well. The details are not cheesy (which we had considered might be the case) and the house and furnishings were top of the line from furniture to kitchen to bath linens and toiletries. They didn't miss a thing!!
There was even a little path down to the river where there was a table and chairs to enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Don't skip looking around in the office and their guest bathroom for more fun. The breakfast area was terrific with loads of interesting food. The deck is outfitted with a beautiful fire pit, and there is a place for evening bonfires.

This place is so well done, so clean and so clever. And the owners aren't done yet. About a mile down the road, they are building 6 new themed units. The themes are so much fun I'd have a hard time choosing.

If this place isn't famous yet, I predict it soon will be! Glad we stayed there before they're booked up with NO VACANCIES!

Room tip: We could see inside the unoccupied Coconut Cream Pie room and there were big, fluffy meringue peaks hanging from the ceiling! Have fun!
Date of stay: June 2019