“Amazing accommodation, don't be fooled by 'motel', this place is no ordinary motel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roxbury
The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roxbury
Sydney
Reviewed May 6, 2009

Coming from Australia to spend Christmas and New Years in New York - we wanted out of the city for the weekend to ensure we got the whole 'white christmas' experience. The best thing we ever did was stumble across The Roxbury on Google.

The rooms and attention to detail are fabulous. Service is brilliant and all the extra personal touches make for a memorable experience.

Suitable for everyone, couples to families, solo or with friends, you will leave refreshed and enlightened.

Make sure you have a meal at Peekamoose Restaurant - http://www.peekamooserestaurant.com It's about 40 mins drive from The Roxbury but well worth the trip - amazing food and atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Oreland, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 5, 2009

My grown-up daughters and I visited The Roxbury a few weeks ago, and I have delayed submitting my assessment because I’ve been trying to think of more superlatives to use – there aren’t enough in my vocabulary. I booked the room based on the recommendations on TripAdvisor so I had high expectations, but the experience even exceeded my expectations in every way. If anyone ever wants to learn how to run a business, I think they should consult the owners of The Roxbury to learn how to achieve excellence. They pay attention to every detail: extreme cleanliness, funky decorating, wonderful breakfast, great amenities, plush towels, relaxing spa, comfortable beds and even comfortable outdoor seating, and on and on…., and it all adds up to making you feel they truly care about your experience and you are a valued guest. I would say it is Ritz-Carlton value without Ritz prices; however, it is better than that. It is fun and unique and entirely wonderful in every way. I can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2009
nyc
Reviewed April 22, 2009

My boyfriend and I went to The Roxbury as a weekend getaway from New York. It was so so lovely. Everyone was super nice and helpful. I felt like I was staying at some upscale resort. Great rooms, quirky without being tacky. Nice hiking and biking. And we enjoyed the Shimmer Spa, too. Loved it. We'll definitely be coming back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lilnyc
Long Island, New York
Reviewed February 18, 2009

This motel is awesome. Very clean, cool rooms, great location. Stayed recently with my 3 teenage kids for ski trip during President's Week. Unfortunately, I dislocated my shoulder and ended up in a local ER. While my wife traveled from Long Island to retrieve us, Greg, the owner, went to the ski resort to get my kids and bring them back to the motel! He was calm, friendly and helpful - really went out of his way for us. Can't say enough about him or this property.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank rushmill
ny
Reviewed February 8, 2009

I was searching for a long time for a clean, fun place and I finally found it! My husband and I loved this place, the rooms were cool and the place was immaculate! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank traveler101NY
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed February 1, 2009

What a great little hotel!! I booked the for my boyfriends birthday. We went for a quick get away from the city to hit the slopes. The rooms are great for a young couple that wants trendy decor with out spending a huge amount of money.

• Liked — The rooms and staff
  • Disliked — not allot of resturants open in the area and none open late
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lattenotes
NY
Reviewed January 28, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Roxbury on the tail end of 4th of July weekend 2008 - and ever since we've been planning when we can go back.

I fell in love with the hotel while perusing the website - it was so thorough and *funny* that I knew we'd have a great time there.

We stayed in Samantha's Cloud Room and it was gorgeous and really comfortable too.

Loved the landscaping there were beautiful flowers everywhere you looked and the stream behind the hotel was so peaceful.

Really enjoyed the shimmer spa - definitely worth the $20 - both times we went in we were the only people there!

Leslie was super sweet - she e-mailed me directions that were very specific (we were coming from another town that was in the "middle of nowhere" and to go back to a main road would have doubled our trip time) and made reservations for us at the Peekamoose. (the food was great but our waitress was *terrible* I actually didn't get dinner because she didn't tell me until my BF's food was brought out that they were out of the fish I ordered...but the goat cheese tart app was great)

I actually loved the town of Roxbury - yes there are a lot of houses that aren't in the best of repair, but the architecture of the town is stunning and everyone we encountered was really friendly.

Greg directed us to the "King's Walkway" when we told him we were interested in a short "nature walk" - it starts right behind the big church and follows the old railroad tracks - you come out right up the road from the Roxbury - about a 30 minute walk which was exactly what we were looking for.

We also took the drive out to Alder Lake and even though it was a bit long to get there, it was totally worth it once we were.

Oh and one of the other reviewers was wishing there was something other than Styrofoam to heat water up in - we had actual (cute green and orange) mugs so it's not an issue any more.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank buffy11bnl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roxbury
Albergo Allegria
Margaretville Mountain Inn
Margaretville Mountain Inn
#1 of 2 in Margaretville
Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club

Been to The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging? Share your experiences!