The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging
Black Bear Lodge(Prattsville)
$119
$109
Cave Mountain Motel(Windham)(Great Value!)
$89
Orbitz.com
Starlite Motel(Big Indian)(Great Value!)
$135
$89
Copper Kettle Motel Cottages(Windham)(Great Value!)
$75
Albergo Allegria(Windham)(Great Value!)
$148
Hotel Vienna(Windham)(Great Value!)
$125
$110
Cold Spring Lodge(Big Indian)
$173
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfire pitpublic loungecontinental breakfaststeam roomthemed roomshot tubspa passesthought of everythingcoconut cream pieowners and staffone of a kinddance floorcan't wait to go backmain officefred's lairunique placesmall town
Reviewed April 22, 2009

My boyfriend and I went to The Roxbury as a weekend getaway from New York. It was so so lovely. Everyone was super nice and helpful. I felt like I was staying at some upscale resort. Great rooms, quirky without being tacky. Nice hiking and biking. And we enjoyed the Shimmer Spa, too. Loved it. We'll definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilnyc
Reviewed February 18, 2009

This motel is awesome. Very clean, cool rooms, great location. Stayed recently with my 3 teenage kids for ski trip during President's Week. Unfortunately, I dislocated my shoulder and ended up in a local ER. While my wife traveled from Long Island to retrieve us, Greg, the owner, went to the ski resort to get my kids and bring them back to the motel! He was calm, friendly and helpful - really went out of his way for us. Can't say enough about him or this property.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank rushmill
Reviewed February 8, 2009

I was searching for a long time for a clean, fun place and I finally found it! My husband and I loved this place, the rooms were cool and the place was immaculate! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank traveler101NY
Reviewed February 1, 2009

What a great little hotel!! I booked the for my boyfriends birthday. We went for a quick get away from the city to hit the slopes. The rooms are great for a young couple that wants trendy decor with out spending a huge amount of money.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lattenotes
Reviewed January 28, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Roxbury on the tail end of 4th of July weekend 2008 - and ever since we've been planning when we can go back.

I fell in love with the hotel while perusing the website - it was so thorough and *funny* that I knew we'd have a great time there.

We stayed in Samantha's Cloud Room and it was gorgeous and really comfortable too.

Loved the landscaping there were beautiful flowers everywhere you looked and the stream behind the hotel was so peaceful.

Really enjoyed the shimmer spa - definitely worth the $20 - both times we went in we were the only people there!

Leslie was super sweet - she e-mailed me directions that were very specific (we were coming from another town that was in the "middle of nowhere" and to go back to a main road would have doubled our trip time) and made reservations for us at the Peekamoose. (the food was great but our waitress was *terrible* I actually didn't get dinner because she didn't tell me until my BF's food was brought out that they were out of the fish I ordered...but the goat cheese tart app was great)

I actually loved the town of Roxbury - yes there are a lot of houses that aren't in the best of repair, but the architecture of the town is stunning and everyone we encountered was really friendly.

Greg directed us to the "King's Walkway" when we told him we were interested in a short "nature walk" - it starts right behind the big church and follows the old railroad tracks - you come out right up the road from the Roxbury - about a 30 minute walk which was exactly what we were looking for.

We also took the drive out to Alder Lake and even though it was a bit long to get there, it was totally worth it once we were.

Oh and one of the other reviewers was wishing there was something other than Styrofoam to heat water up in - we had actual (cute green and orange) mugs so it's not an issue any more.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank buffy11bnl