“Wonderful!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roxbury
The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roxbury
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I spent several days at the Roxbury and totally loved it! Not only are the accommodations one of a kind, the staff was amazing! Everyone there genuinely seemed to love being there. The staff had a s'mores party one night and invited all the guests, plus provided all the goodies. I hope to make it back for another stay and definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a unique place in the Catskills. And ps... Get a massage in the awesome spa while you're there!

Room Tip: Each room is uniquely decorated.. You can't go wrong with any choice you make.
1  Thank lpherren

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was my second visit to the fabulous Roxbury and it was even more fun this time around. I brought my daughter for a mother-daughter weekend and we stayed in one of the kitchenettes. It was the black-and-white themed one (with the tree on the ceiling) and she was delighted with it. I was charmed to find a "welcome back" gift in the room for me (a wonderful packable tote bag) which was a nice touch.

Since my last visit, they have added a "Bossa-Nova Bathroom" in the main office (worth a visit even if just to wash your hands) and are creating a sort of "Bag End" themed front desk. The Spas were wonderful, as usual. There is a new Greek restaurant nearby that was excellent. The whole place is just a unique and special experience. Highly recommend...and we will be back!

Room Tip: Check out the website. Every room is completely different and there are many sizes and prices!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SavvyFaire
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This place is simply amazing. Fantastic themed rooms - we stayed in the Genie's Bottle - with the most extraordinary attention to detail, comfort and equipment for a perfect stay. Check out the Public Restaurant a short walk away for superb food. Staff at the Roxbury friendly, helpful and attentive, great continental breakfast, coffee all day, grounds beautifully maintained, beds comfortable and air conditioning excellent. Would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Roxbury was a real surprise to me. Before I retired I worked in a Motor Lodge that was very well run. My job was to inspect every room and look for problems. After many years I knew just where to look.
Well after giving this clean beautiful place a thorough inspection I found nothing wrong and could think of nothing that could make it better. The guy who owns this place really knows what he is doing.

Joyce & Bill Lane
Floral Park, N.Y.

Room Tip: Ask what is available then flip a coin as they are all great. When checking out there were a few roo...
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stumbled across The Roxbury while searching for a decent, affordable place to stay for a family ski weekend in the Catskills. I wasn't quite sure what I was getting us into but decided to book it based on the reviews here. I booked the Wizard of Oz room for the first night and adjoining Partridge Family and Breakfast at Tiffany's our second night. Many of the themes are a delight to those of us who grew up in the 60's. Our rooms were clean and fun with much attention to detail. The staff, including the owners, are helpful and pleasant. We went skiing at Bellayre which was about a 30 minute drive. There is one restaurant steps away where you can get a good meal and drinks. Also worth noting is the gourmet food truck that frequently parks on The Roxbury premises. I am not usually a food truck kind of person, but this food was not only delicicous, but delivered hot right to your room. The Roxbury provides complimentary snacks and beverages throughout the day. Continental breakfast is included which was just perfect for a quick bite before skiing. They have a huge selection of DVDs to borrow and a selection of wines with fun labels including The Stones, The Greatful Dead, and Pink Floyd. I can't wait to stay here again! I am thinking Star Trek for our next trip!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Monica854
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I got married in Roxbury last weekend and stayed in Amadeus' Bride. The suite was gorgeous and perfect for me and my bridesmaids to stay in and get ready on the day of the wedding. A lot of guests stayed at the motel as well and it was fun to see all the rooms where they were staying. All the rooms have so much detail and I can't wait to come back and stay in each room.

Greg and Joe and everyone who works at The Roxbury are fantastic. We've come up a few times while planning and they've always been friendly and we've never had a bad stay. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Each room is different--definitely take time looking at all the pictures before deciding which one i...
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We loved our stay at the Roxbury. We stayed in the Jetsons-themed room (the light-up, futuristic bathtub was definitely the most fun feature). The room was clean, comfortable, and cleverly designed. Lots of care and thought have been put into all the rooms here-- we took a tour when we were checking out, which I highly recommend. The Digs was our favorite, a house with an Indiana Jones/archeological dig theme... We can't wait to get a group of friends together and rent that one out.

The spa is simple, no frills, but a great way to relax. The grounds are great, really fun for wandering around and sunbathing. Again, just so much care has been put into the design here-- even the lawn furniture is fun. And there are lots of little efforts made to make you feel at home; the breakfast is nice, little snacks & coffee/tea are left out all day, and there are tons of board games to play.

The young guy working at the front desk was really friendly & helpful -- he recommended places to eat in the area, told us we could tour the other rooms in the motel if we liked, and gave me a great walking route when I wanted to get out for some exercise. The woman who was at the desk the day we checked out was not as helpful or friendly, unfortunately. That was the only less-than-excellent experience we had during our stay. She kind of gave us an attitude about wanting to tour the rest of the hotel which we'd already been told wouldn't be a problem. Our tour guide (part of the housekeeping/maintenance staff) was so sweet, and obviously didn't mind showing us around, so I'm not sure what the front desk woman's problem was.

It's a great little motel, in a great little town!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FastenYerSeatbelt
TheRoxbury, Owner at The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! And thank you for noticing the effort we put into making our guests’ stay as perfect as it can possibly be. We are constantly striving to improve, so that is why these reviews are so helpful. And that is also why it pains us a great deal to hear that you felt that one of our employees gave you attitude during your stay. This should never happen at The Roxbury. If I may, I would like to point out that sometimes giving a tour of rooms is more difficult than it seems from the outside. If we are short-staffed on a given day and/or there are urgent cleans to prepare before a check-in or a host of other behind-the-scenes issues, finding a staff member to give a tour is sometimes difficult. More than likely, what you experienced was our front desk hesitating for a moment on how to coordinate a tour at that particular moment. Having said that however, there should NEVER be an instance where a guest feels that an employee is giving attitude, so I will certainly look into this. And we do indeed always tell people that they can get a tour during their stay, so I can understand your confusion when your request was treated with less than an immediate fulfillment. I am, however, happy to see that you got the tour and that the tour was enjoyable. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again at The Roxbury!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roxbury
Hotel Vienna
#1 of 6 in Hunter
Starlite Motel
Starlite Motel
#1 of 2 in Big Indian

Been to The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging? Share your experiences!