The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging
Travelocity
Xenia Resort(Hunter)(Great Value!)
$115
  • Beachfront
Cave Mountain Motel(Windham)(Great Value!)
$89
Starlite Motel(Big Indian)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
Copper Kettle Motel Cottages(Windham)(Great Value!)
$75
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfire pitpublic loungecontinental breakfaststeam roomthemed roomshot tubspa passesthought of everythingcoconut cream pieowners and staffone of a kinddance floorcan't wait to go backmain officefred's lairunique placesmall town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2008

My boyfriend (33) and I (28) stayed in a Kitchenette at the Roxbury Motel in late July of 2008. We went solely for a weekend of relaxation. We usually keep ouselves busy with activites but came here just to relax and have beautiful mountainous scenery to look upon. We were very pleased with all aspects of this motel. The owners and staff were incredibly friendly and hospitable throughout our stay. The check-in went smoothly. We were met by the manager Leslie who oriented us to the town and places to eat. There was plenty of parking. We spent the majority of our time relaxing in our room watching DVD's which we borrowed from the motel. Our spacious room was spotless. The king-sized bed felt like sleeping on a cloud. The green and white tiled bathroom was spacious and I enjoyed the complimentary bath products. The kitchenette included a fridge, microwave, sink, cupboard and coffee maker with complimentary coffee.There was also red, white and a sparkling wine for an additional charge. The decor of the room was unique and tastefully done. I loved the paintings and the chandelier was a nice touch. Everything looked freshly painted and brand new. The complimentary continental breakfast was good and included croissants, scones, muffins, cereal, yougurt, coffee and orange juice. We did not use the spa but I am sure that it is wonderful like the rest of this place. Conveniently in our room was a binder with various menus from nearby restaurants along with a spread sheet of restaurants which included short commentaries and distances from Roxbury. One evening, we had some drinks and food from the nearby Public Lounge. We both enjoyed the ambiance and their excellent mojitos and cosmos. The following evening we had dinner at Peekamoose in Big Indian, about a half hour away. If you are staying at the Roxbury I highly recommend coming here for dinner. The food was delicious and the service efficient. Overall our experience here was fantastic and we will be returning.

4  Thank evenstar944
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I don't really know what I can add to what people have already said about this astonishing hotel. I cannot think of any superlatives about this place that have not already been used. Suffice to stay The Roxbury is the kind of hotel that you stumble upon once in a lifetime. I really can't imagine that there is anywhere else quite like it anywhere on earth. Every single thing to make your stay there unforgettable has been thought of. nothing has been overlooked. And Greg and Joe and the rest of the staff at The Roxbury really do bend over backwards to make sure you have a pleasant stay. In fact, if there is one criticism of the place it is that they do TOO MUCH to make sure you have a good time!

In terms of things to do in the area of Roxbury I would definitely recommend horse riding at nearby Stone Tavern Farm and as many others on here have already said the Peekamoose restaurant is a must. Another good restaurant we visited in the area was Fred's Place in nearby Stamford. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greenmeister
Reviewed July 28, 2008

In a word, wow!

My wife and two year old decided to join me on my latest business to NYC. Spending only one night in the Catskills, Tripadvisor members suggested The Roxbury. What an experience. I have had the fortune to stay at a number of world class properties, the Roxbury has a similar service approach with a very funky vibe.

At first we were hesitant to go to the hotel given that we had our 2 year old. Calling the hotel, we knew it wouldn't be an issue. I am glad we called as the hotel was perfect for us.
We had dinner at the Peekamoose, a fantastic meal with a lot to "distract" our son (which is key to a nice meal...).

The next day the owner suggested a swim at a local lake. A great way to spend a summer day. The hotel provided directions to the lake, a suggested stop to grab lunch and even towels to use for our swim.

Will be back.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Yes, it is true. The Roxbury does live up to it's rave reviews. It is a fun quirky place that bends over backwards to please it's guests. The property is gorgeous-especially the outdoor lounge area. The rooms are totally "cool" and very clean. The owners are so warm and friendly and truly seem to want you to have a fabulous time.
We were there for 2 nights. The first night we walked to the Public Lounge next door. Very hip retro type bar with yummy food and drinks. The second night we took The Roxbury's advice and went to The Peekamoose. It was one of the most wonderful dining experiences ever. Amazing food, atmosphere and service. Very unique and just added to our weekend experience. The Roxbury knew we were celebrating our anniversary and had a bottle of wine and desserts sent to our table. Now that's service!
We have travelled to many of the top hotels in the world and rarely ever go back to the same place twice regardless of how much we love it. There are just too many new places to try. However, we will definitely return to The Roxbury. Between the fabulousness of the place itself, the service , and the 2 restaurants we can't wait to eat at again- it would be impossible not to return!

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed July 23, 2008

I LOVE THIS PLACE!! my boyfriend and I went to the roxbury to celebrate his 32nd bday in july. IT WAS EVERYTHING I EXPECTED AND MORE! Leslie was such a great person and even made personal touches in our room such as a bday card for him. we stayed in GEORGES SPACEPAD which had the glowing red tub and sink. my my my I cant even begin to describe how lovely the room was and so clean!! AND HOW FREAKIN GREAT ALL THE AMENITIES WERE! yummy stuff i tell you!... we also went to public right down the road WHICH HAS AWESOME SERVICE AND GREAT [--] EMPANADAS!! The lady behind the bar was so friendly and nice! THE GAZEBO AREA AT ROXBURY WAS GREAT TOO! We practically had it to ourselves the whole night sipping drinks til the wee hours in pure peace and luxury!.. all around by far this is one of the best places weve ever been to , and weve been to alot of motels and hotels across the tri state area and then some. WE CANT WAIT TO GO AGAIN!! THANX ROXBURY FOR A MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE. THANX LESLIE!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple