We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roxbury
The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roxbury
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed in the "Genie" room for 3 nights when we were lucky enough to utilize a "buy 2 get one free night" promotion because it is costly for an average working family from Buffalo.
I loved how spacious and fun the room was. It was unlike nothing I have ever seen in NYS. The attention do detail is great and every room is a photo op, even the surrounding areas around the hotel too!
There is not a ton to do in the area during the spring so we can't wait to come back during the summer to check out the hiking, etc.
We utilized the free board games and DVD rentals since we had our daughter with us and we really appreciated that!
The breakfast was good and had a nice selection of fruit, yogurt, cereal etc.
I would recommend bringing a laptop so you can plug into the internet vs using the wifi as we had a few issues on our ipads which they are working on resolving.
We did have some noise issues due do the local fire hall alarm going off all the time but that I guess that is life in the country!
I look at our pictures and get depressed cause I loved living in luxury for a few days, thanks so much Greg!
We will def. try to come back without our toddler for our anniversary!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I did a surprise to my fiancée to bring her there for a romantic evening and night ! I booked the Amadeus' Bride room which was quite expensive so I expected something really good. And we found a room not good but AMAZING !!! This is a perfect room for a romantic and intimate moment. Two floors, two bathrooms and two bedrooms (you can chose one or try both....) with such an original atmosphere. Everything respected the theme of the room (classic European style), with one golden bathroom with a huge tub for 2 and the other is blue. Each one has a double shower head so you can take a shower and a bath with your love. There is very comfortable living room with 2 sofas and a kitchenette.
All the details respect the theme from the floor to the mirrors on the wall, the ceiling. Everything is perfect in this room.
So it is expensive but the price is justified...
Bring your love there and he/she will love you so more !!! Trust it !

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Quentin R
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our room, the Mod Pod, was as the owners like to say about the hotel, whimsically elegant. Every detail, down to the remarkable floral sink, was perfect and beautifully executed. We also met the owner at breakfast, and he couldn't have been more accommodating. Also beautiful setting on a stream. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank guban
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Roxbury Motel is one of those places you must see to believe! We just got back from our second experience at this magical place. My friend and I stayed 2 nights for a girls' weekend with our tween daughters. The first night we stayed in the ultra girlie/funky Genie in the Bottle room. The girls flipped for the Japanese soaking tub in the bathroom that's mirrored after the inside of a genie bottle. The 2nd night we surprised them with an adventure at The Digs. Words and pictures cannot describe the magnificent 3 bedroom suite with surprises around every corner. The attention to detail everywhere on this property left my friend and I squealing with delight and planning which rooms we would try on our next trip. This little gem in the Catskill Mountains is an oasis of fun. Just a short drive to antique stores, skiing, snow tubing, hiking, zip lining, river tubing and cave exploration, there is something for everyone. Or, you can just kick back at The Roxbury, go spa hopping between the 2 onsite Shimmer Spas and RELAX. And, proprietors Greg and Joe have gone out of their way to make a luxurious, cool, funky retreat feel like home for everyone. I highly recommend anyone treat themselves to this experience!

Room Tip: Something for every taste and fantasy!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa I
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just returned today from The Roxbury from a Mommy Daughter two day trip with my daughter, my Girlfriend and her daughter to celebrate a birthday. WOW!!! How impressed I was. The decor of each room no matter the price category was impressive as the next!! Each themed room offered it's own special personality. We were given a tour of the unoccupied rooms by one of the owners Greg. Every aspect of the accomidations was well thought out and exquisitly done with the fineset of detail!! We had the best of both worlds and were able to stay in two of the rooms at the Roxbury. The first was the Geni IN a Bottle. Very cool for the girly girl in all of us. From the shiny matelic pillows to the glittery pink bathroom tile, to the very suttle but spectacular Geni bottles beautifuly placed throughout the room, it was magical!! As a surprise my girlfriend had booked the most mind blowing room on the property THE DIGS!!! It's a 3 bedroom,2 full bath,cottage that has a full brand new kitchen that anyone would die to have in their home . The Digs offers the best of the best. I won't divulge to much but know there are secerets to be found in this Mayan/ Archeologist inspiered palace that kept the girls entertained for hours. If We didn't venture out to Howe Caverns which is just about a 45min drive the girls would've stayed in the room the whole time expoloring. Howe's was a great experience especially while we stayed in The Digs. If we had more time we would of taken the girls snow tubbing or skiing at Belleayre MT. which I've been to several times and the skiing there is top knotch especially for beginners, but experts wont be disappointed either. It's also a great family ski spot too, and just a short 15-20 min drive from the Roxbury. Check out the Roxbury's website they list all of the awesome adventures you could take in the area attractions section.There are so many family and couple execursions in the neighboring towns that are easily accesiable by short drives through the beautiful Catskills. This is not your typical full service hotel its more of of a B&B but much more private then that and much more of a home feel because of the superior staff and friendlyness. It's a great experience all around for activity and relaxation we used the shimmer spa steam room and the stress of everyday just melted off. The Roxbury is geared toward Everyone, families, singles and couples young and old and everything inbetween. Greg and Joseph (Owners) Really have made a diamond in the rough with the Roxbury!! I'm going to be making my reservation for this summer as a suprise for my husband for our Anniversary... I think i'm going to be requestiong the Cream Pie Room and I'm sure it will be as sweet as it sounds!!

Room Tip: They are all great and offer so much just let your imagination run wild!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights here recently for a small getaway from the city. It was an easy 2.5 hour drive. The hotel is lovely, with just the right amount of kitsch without being tacky. Very charming! We stayed in a kitchenette room and were very comfortable - took advantage of the in-room fridge and microwave by bringing our own wine & snacks. The staff and owners were incredibly friendly and helpful - ask if you need anything!

I wasn't sure what to expect of the Shimmer Spas, but I was very pleasantly surprised! We took advantage of their spa passes - worth the $20 in my opinion - and spent time in both the north and south spas. Not a big fancy spa, but very comfortable and relaxing. The Shimmer Spa North was especially pleasant before/after a massage, and I spent time reading in the lounge area and in the steam room.

Not much to do/eat in the area, but if you're flexible it'll be fun. Peekamoose is a must for dining! Be prepared to have no cell service (thank goodness the hotel has wifi everywhere!). Highly recommend if you're looking for somewhere to stay in the Catskills.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snowonturtles
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great 5 star Hotel/Inn.
V quirky individually designed suites. Shouldn't work but somehow does and looks chic with every little detail thought out for guests - so looks great but also really functional.
Not much in the area but great for a weekend escape from the city to the mountains.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roxbury
Hotel Vienna
Pine Hill Arms Hotel & Restaurant
Villa Vosilla
Villa Vosilla
#1 of 3 in Tannersville

Been to The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging? Share your experiences!