“A perfect getaway!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roxbury
The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roxbury
Reviewed September 11, 2012

First of all, the town and area surrounding the Roxbury are nice and serene.
Once we arrived at the hotel we immediately felt welcome and comfortable. Our room (Mary Ann's Coconut Cream Pie) was amaaaaaazing!! It was so clean it felt like we were the first people staying there - it was spotless. Besides the cleanliness, we were just awed by room as a work of art in itself. It is lovely! We had pre-ordered some items including a coconut cream pie, which was phenomenal. Get the spa passes, because the steam room is fantastic (as are the other spa features). We even got to see some of the other themed rooms, which were all really cool. The grounds, breakfast, products offered and all the details are just perfect - and there are also beautiful spaces to sit and relax! The staff members were all friendly and one in particular who was working in our building was so helpful and kind to us during our entire stay, and that just made a great stay even better! We met the owner briefly in the parking lot and he was so friendly and thoughtful, checking in on the quality of our stay - how awesome! Again, we just felt so welcome there. I was so impressed by every thoughtful detail and it was clear right away how much love and effort has gone into creating this one-of-a-kind place.

The food choices in the area are a bit limited (especially on a Monday) but the hotel provides lots of information on the local options. I recommend the T Bar Saloon, which is really close and had good pizza and sandwiches for take out. If it's the right time of day and/or you are willing to drive a little then the choices widen. I'm not sure what kind of night life there is in the area, but honestly, the hotel is so great you won't want to hang out somewhere else. Just relax and enjoy this truly unique hotel. We will be back again to do just that!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs_Bestlove

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I just spent 2 nights at the ROXBURY. At first we were a bit taken aback by how small our room was. However - once we got into the spirit of things, it was quickly apparent that the owners and caretakers of this property really care about their place.

Everything was immaculate. The gardening was beautiful. Our backdoor patio overlooked a nice lawn and garden with the Catskills just behind.

The breakfasts were wonderful and the staff quite pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
TheRoxbury, Owner at The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. You are right, we care a great deal!!!! All of the things that you mention, and many more, are items that we take very seriously so thank you so much for noticing! Regarding the size of your room, I would just like to inform readers of this review that most of our rooms and suites are actually much larger than the standard size hotel room. We strongly suggest that you review all room choices on our website or discuss them with us on the phone. If you opt for one of the less expensive studio rooms, then they are indeed not as large as others, but that is why the rate is lower. Having said that, we pride ourselves on offering a vast array of fun perks and amenities and an overall “experience” no matter what size room you choose. Many of our guests enjoy the quaintness of the studio rooms and come back to enjoy them year after year.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were attending a family wedding in the area and our accommodations were booked for us. We arrived with few expectations and were immediately blown away! The attention to detail, setting, friendly staff are just the highlights. Can't wait to go back and so what the experience is like in the winter. If in the area, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tommymart
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at the Roxbury for a weekend wedding in late June and were pleasantly surprised !
The rooms are so unique and the attention to detail is outstanding ! The owners are hands on!
Everything from the fire pit on the deck to a full continental breakfast . . this hotel has a great vibe and we had a wonderful visit !!

Room Tip: you really need to check their website so get a better idea of what the rooms look like and what the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I'm not going to write a review about my room because I've been in this one before, what I will be doing is waxing poetic about what is coming soon to The Roxbury....The Digs!

I was very fortunate to get a sneak peek of a renovated cottage/house The Roxbury has acquired. I barely remembered even seeing this house because it kind of disappeared in the background but once you approach Roxbury North you can see what a gorgeous addition this will be to the facility. Three Bedroom, two bath plus AN OUTDOOR SHOWER!!!!! Gorgeous walkway to a private little lounge/dining area near the creek. They are still working on the property but I must say I felt goosebumps during the entire tour. The amount of detail is amazing, it's a masterpiece I dare say! I decided not to take pictures because I would love to see the finished product. But here are some standout pieces that I cannot shake out of my head. First, the Tiki door that has a secret handle and brings you into the most celestial, mythical space. The detail of the ceiling, the Mayan calendar piece....oh wow! In the living room there are beautiful details painted on the walls, look closely. The fireplace is gorgeous, the lighting and chandelier are breathtaking. There is so much to take in. Make sure to read the legend when you enter. I want that kitchen! The granite is just gorgeous and the stonework is just amazing! I want these guys to gut my house and just remodel everything! You will die when you see the bedrooms, bathrooms, and outdoor shower! The outdoor deck is so chic! And decked out in Roxbury's signature colors. Take note of the stonework and the pyramids...yes pyramids! This is going to be an awesome space for groups and worth the splurge. The bedrooms are so awesome here I think I would want to book for three straight days so I can sleep in each one!
Again, I don't want to give specific details because honestly you need to see it in real life to get the full effect. The Digs should be ready late fall or early winter. If you want a sneak peek I highly recommend checking out their facebook page so you can track the progress! Bravo! Greg and Joe, you guys have done the damn thing yet again!!!!!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here! If you are coming with a larger group I would opt for the king suites i...
2  Thank mimijohn
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place was amazing! The landscaping was so beautiful. The flowers, the tiles, the lighting at night was just awesome. The attention to detail was something I haven't seen anywhere else I have stayed. From the wonderful bath treats to the little vase of fresh black-eyed-susans, the town of Roxbury was blessed when this motel opened. The gentlemen have poured their hearts and souls into this magical motel. I can't wait to return to see more of the rooms. The owners are in the process of creating a new room/adventure for their lucky guests. Clean, fresh rooms, delicious treats for breakfast - this is a "do not miss the experience of staying at this motel" motel!

Room Tip: Look on their website - they have wonderful themed-rooms, which are so creative, they blew us away.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently just spent the night at the Roxbury Motel and with high expectations I was not dissapointed. By far the coolest Hotel I've ever stay at, with great hospitality. I stayed in George's Spacepad & the room was awesome. The huge light up soaking tub was amazing along with the rest of the funky decor. Defiently an experience within itself. I will be coming back in the future, for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roxbury
Hotel Vienna
Villa Vosilla
#1 of 3 in Tannersville
8 mi away
Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club

Been to The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging? Share your experiences!