“Great stay at this unique inn”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roxbury
The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roxbury
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Unusual yet comfortable accommodations. We stayed at The Roxbury for our anniversary. I agree with all the positive reviews.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 2, 2011

I stayed at the Roxbury for a wedding in the area. What a fun place to stay-- each room is different-- the website does not do it justice--- the rooms are more fun than are obvious from the site. A lot of my friends and relatives were also at the Roxbury, and we loved going on a room tour-- two favorites: The Wizard of Oz Room (Emerald City? YEllow Brick Road?) and the Amadeus Room. The grounds are very nice -- lots of lawn chairs and a deck for hanging out, reading, having breakfast. This is not your typical motel -- not by a long shot!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NewYorkNYTraveler
Reviewed April 30, 2011

A colleague recommended the Roxbury Motel when we were looking for a quick getaway outside NYC. The themed rooms looked fun and the stylish website made the place sound appealing, and the March discount of a third night free with two paid nights sealed the deal. We didn't spring for a themed room, but got room #4, a spacious king with hip decor and a kitchenette.

Let me say that this hotel gets the tone and welcome *exactly* right. It was fun and playful and hip, but not pretentious, snobbish or too-cool-for-school. I often feel insufficiently trendy when I go to boutique hotels, but all the staff were incredibly nice and welcoming. We got there right as the office was closing, and they offered us snacks and drinks, recommended some restaurants, and invited us to check out movies from their comprehensive DVD collection. Even the informational materials in the room were well-written and funny! We headed down the road and brought back a pizza, and settled in. (And it's not the kind of thing we usually flip out over, but we loved the bath amenities so much that we wound up buying some to take home.)

The next day, we got spa passes (I believe it was $20/person for the entire duration of our stay) and we enjoyed a hike around Roxbury followed by some unwinding time in the hot tub and sauna. We checked out both spas (each building has one). Every staff member unfailingly went out of their way to do little favors for us, including the housekeeper who let us into the spa (when one keycard didn't work), got us a new card, uncovered the hot tub, turned on the fireplace, and wished us a relaxing time.

Breakfasts were substantial, and the owner Greg gave us lots of local tips. It's nice to have a B&B experience for introverts like me -- useful information and a warm friendly reception, but not smothering you in tweeness and chintz.

I definitely plan to return to the Roxbury for some more true hospitality, delivered in an offbeat, fun style.

Room Tip: All rooms are described w/pix on their site.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2011

My fiance and I have visited the Roxbury 3 different times. We've stayed in Go-Lightly-A-Go-Go (the oh so glamorous Breakfast at Tiffany's room), Fred's Lair (a fun and carnal version of a caveman's hideaway)... and this time the Genie Bottle Room!!!

I've been eyeing this room forever but it always seemed a bit elaborate for just two people. But sure enough... my boyfriend secretly booked it for a romantic weekend getaway...

Everything was a complete suprise when we arrived. He wouldn't tell me which room we were staying in until he walked me up the stairs, around back and in front of this "I Dream of Genie" themed room. When he unlocked the door I looked down to find a trail of rose petals leading all the way up to one of the master beds. On the bed was a bouquet with one vibrant, red rose. I turned around in awe to find the man of my life down on one knee asking me to be his wife! I was ecstatic (to say the least).

My fiance had this beautiful vision of how he was going to propose, and Greg and the whole Roxbury staff made his dream a reality in the best way possible.

To top it off, we were left with a complimentary bottle of sparkling champagne in our jumbo soaking tub.

We had the greatest weekend of our lives at the Roxbury. We can't wait to share in more milestone memories with one another and our beloved Roxbury Crew!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I had my eye on this place for a while now, wanting to take a quick trip and when the Jetsetter website had a deal I jumped at the chance to book a room for my husband's birthday. We stayed in the Amadeus suite and it was just wonderful. The room is beautifully decorate with attention paid to the smallest of details. The beds were so comfortable, the shower and huge tub were a treat! We stopped into the spa and spent a little time in the jacuzzi tub and the dry sauna. Sadly, it was quite cold out so we didn't do much sightseeing but the grounds and surrounding area were beautiful. The staff was friendly and attentive. I would definitely go again! Maybe our next anniversary.....

Room Tip: we booked through Jetsetter
Reviewed April 19, 2011

My fiance and I just spent our first weekend at the Roxbury Motel and we are already trying to figure out when we can go back for our next! The Roxbury looks like a delicious lime-sicle as you drive around the bend to the office. It looks so clean and crsip from the outside and the inside only furthers that impression. The check-in office smells lovely and looks/feels like someone's home. The staff are cheery and ever-helpful. There is a closet full of dvds and board games for guest useage which we thought was brilliant. Our room, a kitchenette, was super clean and super funky-psychodelic. We loved it! We really felt like the Roxbury owners had thought of everything...down to the much appreciated extra large umbrella in the closet (it poured saturday night and we forgot our own umbrella!). The bed was soooooo comfortable we wanted to stay for a week. The spa was beautiful, clean and stocked with delicious smelling products (oh, was is the room bathroom! I'm a sucker for lovely bathroom products!) My favorite aspect of the spa was the river rock shower...it's gorgeous. The morning breakfast was great with all the options adn everything tasted great. We also really enjoyed our drinks and meal at the Public Lounge next door. The grounds of the Roxbury are breathtaking. Gorgeous. And we were there in the rain. We absolutely can not wait to return. Love Love Love!

Room Tip: book early!
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Have been here twice with my wife. Once for our aniversary and once for a quick getaway. We have stayed in two rooms: the Shagadelic suite and room 4: a kitchenette. The hotel is very unique and each room has been lovingly decorated according to a particular theme. The Shagadelic is very roomy and has a full kitchenette. Room # 4 is slightly smaller. Both rooms have large flat screen TVs and a DVD player with a massive library of films to borrow. The breakfast is incredible. It's continental but they have all kinds of great organic goodies like scones, flax seed granola, cakes, a huge variety of individual jams, yogurts etc. Great selection of teas as well. We will be back regularly and each time I'll try a new room / suite. On our first visit we used the spa facility and had his and her massages. The spa, like the rest of the motel, is very stylishly decorated and cosy. Not much to do in the immediate area although I would recommend the Public Lounge and bar (2 minute walk) and the Peek a Moose restraunt (slightly further drive) You can ski nearby. The owners, a couple who we have met on both occasions, have cle arly put a lot of love and attention into this place and the experience is definitely in the detail and the little touches.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roxbury
Hotel Vienna
Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club
Villa Vosilla
Villa Vosilla
#1 of 3 in Tannersville

Been to The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging? Share your experiences!