“Great weekend”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Round Top
Albany, New York
“Great weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had a amazing time here at winter clove inn staff was great if I didn't want or like something that was on the menu my server would go to the kitchen and make it happen. Rooms were clean my room was made up everyday during my stay. Will come back next winter. PS our meals are not the same without our Heather we will miss you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sally b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I recently stayed at winter clove inn for an extended weekend with my family (children 8 & 17) and was pleasantly surprised. The location of the inn is amazing as it is at the end of the road and base of a mountain. The facilities an rooms were clean and welcoming.
We were a little shocked tht the room didn't have a tv however with everything there to do there is no need for a tv. Te bowling ally/game room was great fun at night.
The food was delicious not always a lot of options but excellent service and were always more than willing to modify the menu options to our desires.
Overall this is a great family destination, it was one I the most relaxing vacations I have ever been on and the kids never seemed to get bored. Sure certain aspects could use an upgrade but nothing hampered our enjoyment and the value was outstanding!!
P.S. We plan on returning this summer

4 Thank Chriszim11
Islip, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Everything about this place is perfect. We have been going for years and each year it gets a little better. The staff is fantastic, so warm and friendly. The new chef is amazing, every meal was great. The entire place was clean upon arrival and stayed that way throughout the visit. The trails were beautiful like always. We will continue to go for many years to come.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 days and had a wonderful time. We are a large family and once a year in December we all come together to celebrate Christmas . With 50 plus people it's hard to please everyone but the owner Lenore and her staff did a great job. This inn is certainly worth the trip. If you are looking for a quaint old warm environment I suggest you give it a try. No glamour or glitz but nice and quaint . Thank you Lenore you were a great find.

Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I started visiting Winter Clove in 1982, when I was 5 years old. My fondest family vacation memories include our stays at the Inn. Now, 31 years later and with a family of my own, I still look forward to my visits. Our recent trip last week, was one for my 7-month pregnant wife and me to just get away by ourselves. Our 7 year old daughter was disappointed when she learned she was not coming with us.

There are many things that make Winter Clove and ideal get-away destination. Some of these include:
- A charming, private and serene setting.
- Family owned and operated for 5 generations (Bud and Lenore are wonderful hosts)
- Lots of activities on premises including golf, bowling, hiking, indoor and outdoor pools and more. If that's not enough, there are many places to visit within 30 minutes.
- The food. Home cooked, from scratch, every meal (which 3 meals a day is included with your stay). I have never had a bad meal at the Inn, but most notably is the addition of Vanessa, their new chef. Vanessa is AMAZING! My wife and I had the pleasure of speaking at great length with her during our stay, and her creativity, dedication and passion for her work are all evident in the spectacular dishes she prepares. Venturing out and plan on missing lunch? They’ll brown-bag one for you!

I have seen other reviews of Winter Clove online, and the negative ones seem to have a theme. I feel they are due to guests not understanding what the Inn is and having different expectations. If you like shiny, modern and new, this is not the venue for you. Winter Clove is 175 years old and has maintained much of historic charm. This is a venue for families, couples and those who can appreciate these characteristics and the serenity of nature that surrounds it. You feel as if you’re staying with extended family in a large, mountain vacation home. It is a perfect retreat from the concrete jungle and you feel comfortable enough that your children can explore without you having to breathe down their necks all the time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Steve R
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went to this inn expecting something the photos on the web - very disappointed. We were given two rooms in a building on the property. The place was damp and badly furnished. Food was awful. Indoor pool was cold and the changing rooms and showers were disgusting - old, rusty, and damp. The bowling alley was like eveywhere else in the property - had seen better days. There was a dead mouse in the playgroung.

Room Tip: This area does nit have a lot of choices when it comes to hotels and inns, but I would recommend fin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Catskill, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Took my beautiful wife to Winter Clove Inn for her birthday weekend. The Inn is a wonderful old Inn from the 1800's, furnished in antiques, and quiet, quiet, quiet! Lenore (the owner) and her staff did all they could do to make our stay the absolutely the best. Also the food was extrodinary; their new chef males the breakfaqst, lunch, and dinners filling and tasty. By-the-way, all meals are included. Although, there are no TVs in the rooms, bring the laptop so you can use the wifi.
Great place, great people!!!

Room Tip: They have kings and queens. The queen rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pollace's Family Vacation Resort
Riedlbauer's Resort
Riedlbauer's Resort
#3 of 4 in Round Top

Been to Winter Clove Inn? Share your experiences!