“A great place to escape to.”

The George Ellen Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Round Top B&B and Inns
Weehawken, NJ
“A great place to escape to.”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We had a wonderful time here over Labor Day weekend. We stayed in the Sky Room, which was nicely appointed and modern, with beautiful views of the mountain and surrounding area. Every morning we enjoyed Ellen's delicious breakfast while watching the hummingbirds out on the deck. Ellen also provided great tips on local attractions - the Mountain Brauhaus, Opus 40, and the town of Hudson were great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I am a bit reluctant to recommend this place because, if the words get out about how wonderful this place is, I may not be able to get a reservation the next time I want a perfect get-away. I cannot gush enough about this charming, elegant bed and breakfast and the kind, fabulous hosts -- Ellen and George. First, when we arrived, I was blown away by the beauty of the room. Huge bed and every detail fills you with giddy delight, especially if you love Bed & Breakfasts. Great sheets, great mattress, huge whirlpool tub, soft towels, all the right touches. The next morning, my mouth fell to the floor when I saw the view. Words cannot express how relaxing it was so sit on my little porch, drink coffee, and feel the stress of my midtown job melt away as I soaked in the unobstructed, panoramic view of the gorgeous Catskill Mountains. Ellen's breakfasts are - no joke - insanely good. Homemade jams; bacon, eggs, homemade scones, pancakes, coffee, juice, the whole works. Handmade for you and served by Ellen, who is just as lovely as can be. I did a little bit of reading on the porch and watched hummingbirds feast on the sugar water bird-feeders dotting the porch. George stopped by and we chatted for a bit. Ellen brought out some tea and fresh strawberries she'd just bought at the market. I could go on and on. I was at this B&B for less than 48 hours and I left refreshed, relaxed, and counting the weeks until I could steal away for another weekend. I love this place. I hope you do too!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank reillylassy
Reviewed January 3, 2010

One of the very few places where the pictures actually depict what your getting. George and Ellen were wonderful and the room was beyond beautiful. They were warm and welcoming and we will definetly return and pass this catskills gem onto others.

• Stayed June 2010
New York City
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I went with my girl friend last Christmas and am planning to go back this winter as well. We were their third or fourth customer I think (check the guest book for Sajith), anyway, we had such a great experience with George and Ellen. it is NOT a "susie's room" type B&B, but exactly what we were looking for...ie: a place with an amazing view, some place with a semi private entrance, spacious room, and close to the Catskills and Katerskill Falls. It is in the middle of NO WHERE but it's well worth the drive!! The pictures dont lie, the views are amazing as the house sits on a cliff with nothing in the back except woods. Oh and if you have dietary restrictions tell them AHEAD of time and Ellen will accomodate.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
LA
Reviewed November 2, 2009

My husband and I were visiting New York city for my birthday, I suggested to drive upstate to a nice B&B to take a break from the city and we did. The GeorgeEllen is a wonderful, beautiful, peaceful place to stay. Ellen was so sweet, kind and accommodating. Since there was no one else staying the night we stayed, Ellen & her husband let us choose which room we wanted to stay in. We had lunch in a German cafe in the town, which had fabulous desserts and we wanted to stay in for dinner so we went to the grocery store and picked up some microwavable lasagna and just planned on heating it up and eating out of the container and just relax. Instead of just using a microwave, Ellen put it in the oven and served it to us on a tray with plates and silverware along with some cookies she made right before she left for the evening. Soo incredibly sweet. Breakfast was awesome too. Besides the great hospitality and food, the atmosphere was amazing. The view from our balcony was beautiful, it's my desktop background now =). Go the the GeorgeEllen!

Saint James, New York
Reviewed October 17, 2009

We were going away for a special 50th birthday celebration. Instead of the normal party, we wanted a quiet, romantic place to unwind away from the kids and hustle and bustle. To say we found it, is an understatement. The GeorgeEllen B & B is the perfect mountaintop escape. The establishment is a year old. George built this first class retreat with his own hands and did not cut any corners. It's fantastic in every way. We stayed in the 2nd floor Skyview room which had an incredible mountain view. The room was large, comfortable and featured a four post king size bed. There was a beautiful gas fireplace recessed in the wall, a flat screen TV... and that view. The bathroom was very large with a two person Jacuzzi.
Ellen treated us to a delicious breakfast in a dining room that featured the same incredible Mountain view.
Like many people, we like to start our day with a cup of coffee. Ellen prepared a tray with an amazing cup of coffee at 7:30 am per our request, along with some freshly made banana bread. Just another small detail that makes this bed & breakfast so special.
We would highly recommend this lovely escape.

1 Thank ThePash
Basking Ridge, NJ
Reviewed October 5, 2009

We went up to the catskills to enjoy the fall foliage and were both pleasantly suprised and lucky to stumble upon the George Ellen. The room was immaculately clean and beautifully appointed. Ellen was both helpful and kind. She's also an amazing cook. Breakfast was delicious and honestly more than I expected. The views were spectacular and while the bed and breakfast is secluded, there was no shortage of great fall activities in the area. I would recommend The George Ellen to anyone.

1 Thank rineje
Riedlbauer's Resort
Riedlbauer's Resort
#3 of 4 in Round Top
Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant

Been to The George Ellen Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!