“Friendly atmosphere, good authentic Persian food”

Ravagh Persian Grill
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A group of us ate here recently, and we all enjoyed Ravagh's authentic Persian food. We tried two appetizers (Kashk bademjan, and mast musir), both of which were excellent. For entrees our group had several of the kebabs, and all were good: I liked the jujeh kebab the best, although it can be a bit messy to eat because of the bones.The fesenjan was also good, except for the fact that the chicken in it seemed to have been added after the fact, not cooked in with the stew. Finally, we tried the baklava for dessert. Each serving is 4 pieces of assorted types, probably good for 2 people (we were pretty full at that point, since portions are large). It was very good, fresh and very delicious. With a cup of tea, the perfect way to end a meal. Overall, the service was good and attentive, and our waiter was very friendly. This place is easy to get to, right off the LIE, with (somewhat limited) parking right on the premises.

2  Thank James W

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great local Persian Restaurant. Their main course of chicken Juju which is really hen is excellent. It comes on the bone and is tasty and moist. Try some of their special rice dishes even if it add a couple of dollars to the cost of the meal.

Desserts are not very interesting.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Ravagh Persian Grill is our favorite Persian restaurant, and we always make it a point to stop there when we're in the area. While it's true that the prices have gone up a bit and the ambience could be better, the staff is friendly, the portions are generous, and the food is always fantastic. I usually get the chicken koobideh, as it's the best I've ever had. I also highly recommend the kashk bademjan as an appetizer--it's delicious. Even my Persian mother-in-law, who is a force in the kitchen, hasn't been able to replicate it.

1  Thank Amyb75
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Reason I am not giving them an excellent rating is because of the price. I'm a bit upset because it used to be 6.95 lunch specials and now it's 10.95. The food is very good, my favorite dish is the kofta kobedah, two screwers delicious lamb meat, tasty and cooked to perfection. Comes with delicious basmati rice and grilled tasty onion and tomato, pita bread and yougurt cucumber sauce, so so good. Love it, but not the price.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I went to Ravagh Persian Grill in Roslyn for the first time yesterday and just had to send in a review. I spent a summer in Iran many years ago and developed a love for the cuisine. This place was recommended and they were right. The staff is friendly, nice wines by the glass and bottles, [ full bar as well ] and the atmosphere was very pleasant. But the food is the star! I found the quality , presentation, and portion size to be excellent. I highly recommend this resaurant for an authentic Persian experience.

2  Thank Randy l