“Great small hotel”
Review of The Roslyn Hotel

The Roslyn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Roslyn
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We spent two nights here while visiting the Gold Coast of Long Island. The hotel was terrific! The staff was very helpful, the room was very clean and the library bar with the fireplace was comfortable and inviting. The breakfast, which was included with the room, was pretty good but mostly we appreciated not having to go out to find breakfast. The small town of Roslyn is charming and has a few very good restaurants. We'd definitely stay at this hotel again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: We had a room over the parking area which I believe was quieter than a room facing the street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann G

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Roslyn Claremont Hotel this past Sunday into Monday. The room I stayed in desperately needed updating, having out dated curtains and bedding. The breakfast that was promised was just average, having very few choices for healthier eating (other than some fruit and cooked oatmeal, which was actually good!). My biggest complaint about the Roslyn Claremont was the lack of air conditioning. The room was stuffy and stiflingly warm! It was very difficult to sleep through the night due to the heat in my room. Unfortunately, the Roslyn Claremont Hotel was a big disappointment, especially for the price that we paid!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the main street as it was quite noisy in my room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

It was a pleasure staying at the Roslyn Claremont Hotel after our wedding. Katie Russo (group sales manager) was a pleasure to work with and offered great rates for our guests. The staff at the Claremont was great in making our guests comfortable and helpful in making sure our guests received their welcome bags. Everyone enjoyed their breakfast in the morning! The hotel itself is pretty and kept very clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Old dated property, a trip from the 80's. Needs a good renovation. The breakfast was cold , looked like it's been there for hours . The only good thing about this hotel was the massage chairs on each floor

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here in March as it was near to the Riverside Funeral Home, and it was reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area. The beds in the room are a bit small, 2 doubles, and the beds were lumpy and short. My husband who is only 5'11" just about fit on the bed. I kept rolling into the middle of the bed as the mattress was worn. There were stains on the carpet. Also, I had to cancel a reservation as they could not accomodate me for a second night, and found out that my reservation had not been cancelled by the front desk personnel. But, the staff did not charge me since it was there mistake. The pluses of this hotel is the cookies upon check in and the free water bottles. Also, beware if you leave the hotel at night thru the bottom level. I went to go to my car which was parked on the bottom level, and could not get back in as the night manager had locked the door (it was only 10pm) and there was no card key access. Luckily they answered the intercom.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank njmom04
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was disappointed that although I booked a twin room we ended up with a double but as the hotel was totally full there was not a lot they could do about it. They did offer to put a cot into the room so they did make an effort to rectify the problem.
The staff were friendly and helpful throughout.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Patchworkpfaffs
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel frequently for both business and pleasure. Lately, though, I have seen very good changes to this hotel that makes my stay very enjoyable. The new ownership has made a lot of qualitative improvement such as complimentary full breakfast, Kuring coffee in rooms, water bottles( which they were charging $2.50 before), fresh coffee in lobby 24 hours. The staff is super friendly, courteous, and professional. Free message chair and super fast free wifi always a plus. I will defintely come back!!!

Room Tip: Always choose top floor overlooking the Roslyn harbor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roslyn
Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express ROSLYN - MANHASSET AREA
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel

Been to The Roslyn Hotel? Share your experiences!