“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Roslyn
Long Beach, New York
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had my parents stay at this hotel due to hurricane sandy. Initially, our reservation was for only two nights. Due to no power at my parents’ home, my parents had to stay longer than anticipated. The staff at this hotel was very helpful and co-operating. They were very accommodating to not only my parents but all elderly people who got stuck without a place to stay. I have to say that I have not seen such a great service. My special thanks to the staff. Despite adverse weather condition, there was always hot breakfast served. I can’t thank them enough for their support and empathy during such difficult times. In addition to the excellent service the hotel accommodation was comfortable and clean.

1 Thank Steven S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Was in NY on a business trip and because of the high prices in Manhattan, decided to book a couple of nights at the Rosalyn hotel and wow did i hit the bull's eye. The hotel is located in a nice area with lot of cafe and restaurants around. Service at the front desk was warm and hospitable and the housekeepers were always eager to help. Bartender was informative and friendly. The rooms was clean and perfect for a single traveler.
The hotel was close to the train station which was perfect because had to go to the city in the morning. Overall for the price, I think it was a great hotel to be in if you want to avoid the extravagant amounts they charge if you stay in downtown!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

A beautiful Hotel, Spacious and nicely furnished rooms. The staff are so friendly and they where very helpfull. I would highly recommend this location to all my family and friends. Also I loved the upgraded Breakfast we were served in the morning.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the end of the building.
longisland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Do not have your wedding here you will be sorry!

We spoke to the banquet manager and went over all the details. One of my concerns was the dirty, scratched up dance floor. I requested a new one. The banquet manager promised over and over but never delivered.

We made a mistake by not requesting a tasting before we put down the deposit. For 6 months I chased down the banquet manager for a tasting all I received were excuses. Eventually he final came through. The food was disgusting! What a huge disappointment as we went into panic mode now!

We booked rooms for out of town relatives and they screwed up the reservations twice. The second time we really have to do some wheeling and dealing to fix their mistake.

The wedding finally came, during the reception the banquet manager asked me to leave the suite I had reserved for 5 days, as someone else reserved it I was told. How could I leave my wedding? Why was someone bothering me on my special day? Multiple times my reception was interrupted by the banquet manager.

After the reception, the banquet manager came to my room and a full scale argument started. He got so bad, I was afraid he was going to hit me. Lucky my husband was nearby and chased him away.

Here I was, just married and we had to relocate to another room. I don’t know why, because the room was already reserved. No assistance was made available to us, and a guest was forced to sleep in an unmade room, because they screwed up the reservations.

After the wedding I was clearly upset over the treatment I received from this employee. I spoke to the owner, who did nothing. I spoke to the general manager who also did nothing. My bill also appears to be wrong.

stay away from this hotel or you will be sorry!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank disappointedbri... C

Travelers are raving about these Roslyn hotels

Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at the hotel last month on WED, to my surprise there was Manager's reception night of unlimited complimentary wine and hot appetizer. The staff was very helpful and had the causey atmosphere. The location is convenient to Roslyn area of NY I will recommend this place any time of day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cape May, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the Roslyn Claremont for two nights while attending a wedding. This hotel was used as the booking hotel for the wedding and over 30 rooms were booked. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There is a pleasant sitting area and small area by the lobby. However, most people encountered problems with reservations upon check-in. The bride and groom were told on check in that there was not room for them and many wedding guests were required to double up in rooms ! These problems were only compounded by a manager that was both unpleasant and unprofessional at every level. For all the postives of the buiding, I would avoid staying here if at all possible. As we were departing, another large party was beginning to check in and it was like watching a rerun of our experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LLP119
Roslyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the hotel Due to the hurricane sandy. When we first arrived our room was $189 and our reservation was for two nights. Due to no power in our home we had to stay longer than anticipated. When they finally said we can stay due to cancellations the rate went up to $295! We were at a loss because we had no where to go. My husband spoke to the owner and he refused to keep the rate at $189. It was disgusting. They took away the complimentary coffee in the lobby and limited guests on clean towels and sheets. The staff was sympathetic and apologized for the change in rate but there was nothing that could be done. How can an owner do this to local residents and others. I am outraged and shame on him! When all settles in the local area he will be sure to lose business because no one in my community would ever give him another dollar! They don't even participate in FEMA. It is disgraceful and disappointing in a time like this you help your community not over charge!

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jakesmom185
CindyYoung, General Manager at The Roslyn Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all of our reviews very seriously.
Hurricane Sandy was truly a very difficult time, and our staff at the hotel tried their best to accommodate guests with the resources we had.
We regret at one point we had to eliminate our complimentary 24 hour coffee service, but our coffee distributor was shut down for many days, and we wanted to make sure we had enough coffee for breakfast. Our breakfast is included in the rate and we had many more people staying in the hotel than we normally do.
Our laundry service was with out power the first few days of the storm so we did not receive deliveries. We were limited on our towels and sheets, and we tried to distribute them accordingly.
We allowed families of 4 or 5 with pets in rooms that normally accommodate two because of the situation, so we virtually tripled or quadrupled the number of people that usually occupy the hotel.

Thank you again for writing a review. We have already discussed any changes we need to implement in case of a future disaster and we appreciate your input.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roslyn
Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection
#2 of 2 in Great Neck
3.5 of 5 stars 174 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City
No photo provided

Been to The Roslyn Hotel? Share your experiences!