“Outstanding customer service”
Review of The Roslyn Hotel

The Roslyn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Roslyn
Reviewed September 21, 2012

As a former customer sevice mamager, I recognize outstanding customer service when I see it--and the Roslyn Claremont really delivers!
Special thanks to Avanie,head of Housekeeping, and her excellent staff and to Arlene in Accounting. Both showed outstanding initiative in locating and returning some clothing which I left behind in a drawer. All of the staff went out of their way to show care and concern for their customers, from the front desk to the bar to housekeeping. Many thanks!!! I travel a great deal is this was one of my best service experiences ever!

Room Tip: Didn't rate the pool since I didn't use it. My room was fine and quiet despite large weddin...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank ann s

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Good service! They making the hotel accommodations comfortable and clean with a personal touch for our group of 37 visitors. We feel totally comfortable during the stay. quiet rooms small but warm. food are good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding-the room was okay- the bathroom was okay- the fixtures were a bit dated and the towel rack was falling apart. The staff appeared somewhat indifferent but were not rude. The breakfast was lack luster- probably wouldn't stay here again. The rooms were paper thin, could here people talking and laughing in the room next door.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights for a business conference. The hotel is located off the beaten path, and easy to access via taxi or limo from either JFK or Laguardia. It is an older property that has worked to maintain a stately and classic environment. The front desk was always accomodating and helped with any questions we had. We were surprised to have a free breakfast offered. Several nice restaurants were within walking distance. Room and bathroom were very clean, nicely appointed. The bed was nicely firm, but I have yet to find a hotel with decent pillows (at least for my taste!) A/C worked well, nice TV and radio in the room.Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our stay occurred at the beginning of August. We live locally, and stayed overnight for 1 night at the Roslyn Claremont during the course of work being done at our house. I found a real bargain-basement "last minute" price on one of the websites specializing in hotels while making reservations. Given this, and given previous reviews, we didn't expect very much. Even so, I called ahead to request a quiet room on a high floor. What we wound up with was what I believe is one of the hotel's Parlor Suites--a king-bedded suite with a lovely sitting room adjoining the bedroom, which had a display of antique or antique-style teacups and saucers and a fireplace. The bed was visually beautiful, a classic four-poster, with a nicely printed bedspread. However, as previous reviews have noted, the mattress was very hard, which made sleeping a bit difficult. Because our room was not on the side of the hotel near the Northern Blvd. Viaduct, it was quiet and peaceful, and everything in the hotel was very clean. The breakfast was filling. Altogether, we had a nice time and would go back again should need arise. One thing, though: Although I am a mom with school-age children, I'm not sure how appropriate this would be for that age-range of kids. For instance, I'm not sure how tolerant the other guests would be of the kind of joyful (or otherwise) noise kids sometimes make. Business travelers were clearly in evidence.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the Northern Blvd. Viaduct. My guess is that rooms facing Old Northern Blvd...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ROSLYNMGR, Front Office Manager at The Roslyn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2015

Dear Wanderingmom50,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your time and consideration. We're glad that you were made to feel welcome and comfortable throughout your stay. That's always our primary goal. Again, thank you for staying and we hope to see you again.

Terrence Jules

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I engaged the Roslyn Claremont Hotel this past year to reserve a block of rooms for my wedding guests who were traveling from out of town. Hotel management was immediately receptive to my inquiry, giving a tour of the hotel and an overview of the room block details even though I didn't have an appointment. Throughout the months that I was planning my wedding, they immediately returned emails and phone calls when I had questions. Above all, I felt that the hotel did a GREAT job of communicating with me and trying to help whenever possible. The facility itself is recently renovated and charming - I felt good about having my guests stay there. Beyond just providing rooms, they did a good job of distributing gift bags I had provided when my guests checked in and directing where a coach should pick-up/drop-off guests for the event. A few limitations to be aware of are that the hotel does not negotiate rates (or at least not with me) and I felt that $156 / night was high considering that I promised to fill 20 rooms. Additionally, the hotel itself is not that big, so a few of our guests had to scramble to find alternate accommodations because the hotel sold out. Overall, I think this is the best option for a wedding room block in the area - guests would have to travel a bit of a distance to other towns like Great Neck or Syosset to find comparable accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We got married in July and used the Roslyn-Claremont as our hotel for the weekend. I stayed there the night before our wedding and got ready there during the day. Everything went smoothly. The staff at the front desk was so helpful and told me that their job was to make my day stress-free, and they did.
Katie was wonderful to work with throughout the months of planning and trying to make sure we had enough rooms for our guests but didn't block too many because there is an 80% guarantee rate. Any time I needed to increase it she called or emailed me back immediately and helped me figure out the best plan. She also made sure that we had the best rooms for what we needed, so I changed rooms before leaving for my wedding ceremony from the big room where we got ready to a suite for my husband and me. I was worried that it would be stressful to take care of that, but I didn't have to do anything. The staff moved all of my stuff for me and when we got to our new room that night a bottle of champagne and chocolates was waiting for us, and all of our stuff was neatly organized.
We also had our after party here after the wedding. The food was great and Max took care of everything for us. He just kept saying that we don't need to worry about anything and that he'd take care of it, and he did. We showed up to a great display of food and a big room for our guests to hang out. The only thing we didn't realize was how expensive the drinks would be at the after-party. We had a cash bar and felt a little bad that our guests were paying so much for drinks, but that's really the only negative thing I can say.
We didn't pay for breakfast for our guests the morning after, but we were pleasantly surprised to see that there was a free breakfast buffet, and not a chintzy continental breakfast. Eggs, pancakes, hash browns, danishes, muffins, bagels, croissants, etc.
One other great thing, there is a free massage chair on the second floor. It was well-needed the morning of my wedding after months of planning.
Overall, if you are looking to use this hotel as a wedding block, it is one of the only hotels in the area, but it's totally ok that there's not much of a choice because your decision will be easy and you will be completely happy with the experience. Thank you Katie and Max and the rest of the Roslyn-Claremont staff!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roslyn
Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#2 of 4 in Garden City
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Roslyn-Manhasset Area

Been to The Roslyn Hotel? Share your experiences!