“The name says it all”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A tradition any time I visit NY. Huge selection, quality food, well prepared. Service at times can have that "New York Attitude" but hey it' s NY. My last visit we had an excellent waiter, the time before our waitress started out snarly but I won her over.... A few kind words goes a long way.
I've never had a bad meal here. They always take care of any special requests.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Food was good but nothing special. Prices seemed a bit high.
Local mix of diners. Parking can be difficult because of the professional building next door.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I try not to be too harsh, but there was nothing good about our visit to this diner. It took 15 minutes to get our drinks and 45 minutes to get our food. The food was expensive; I think they base the price on quantity, not quality. The waitress was surly and inattentive. I ordered what was supposed to be one of the best items on the menu--Greek chicken-- and it was dry and uninteresting. My friend ordered a hamburger and said it was just average. If it's any indication of the quality, I forgot my take-home box of leftovers and didn't care.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just visited for a late breakfast.
Server was friendly but not attentive.
Pancakes were tasteless and lukewarm.
My friend's omelet was bland and did not include sufficient amounts of ingredients that should have been added to the eggs.
Prices are high so look elsewhere for your meal if you're looking for value and a tasty meal.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The waitress was attentive, hardworking, kind, and smart...the only good thing about a terrible dining experience!

How this diner was selected as Best Diner on Long Island by the Long Island Press is beyond understanding and is, OH, SO WRONG!

1.) One French Dip (roast beef) Sandwich - portion was so small that waitress admitted to its diminutive size and returned it to the kitchen. The exchange - one hamburger....another lilliputian serving! No exaggeration here - the bun was smaller than a McDonald's bun...the meat - child's portion.

The cole slaw - served in no more than a 1/4 cup sized miniature dipping bowl. Pickle -1/2 slice of 3 inch pickle. Identical portions on all 4 orders

2.) Shrimp Salad in white bread....volume served was no more than 1/2 cup of shrimp, which was the total amount in the entire sandwich....a $10.00 rip off all the way!

3.) The Vegetarian Panini....on toasted Wonder bread, no more than 1/2 inch thick...another $10.00 theft.

4.) Greek Gyro Platter...portion size good, no tzatziki sauce to be had, lettuce greens with tomatoes....where were the olives, onions, cucumbers, beets, etc., etc...and the salad dressing???

Don't go...my descriptions are not the result of annoyance, anger, spite, etc., etc., etc....they are honest descriptions of a restaurant gone amuck with ego and knowing that the traffic will keep coming now that they have the 'Best of Long Island' review regardless of how many leave disappointed - the next guy is already waiting at the door to get seated.

$64.00 down the drain!!!!!