“Kitchen issues”
Review of Jolly Fisherman

Jolly Fisherman
Reserve with OpenTable
Jolly Fisherman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Roslyn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The finest, freshest Seafood and Steaks on Long Island. Tables overlook Silver Lake in our magnificent newly decorated Terrace or are cozy near the fire in our intimate Fireplace Room. We have been a Roslyn Tradition since 1957. Private rooms for parties accommodate small to large groups for all occasions.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I were here in February and enjoyed the food very much. We took my mother-in-law to dinner on July 4, and there were food issues....
First, the welcoming staff needs to be changed to "people friendly" employees. They were curt and unfriendly, like the did not want to be working.
The 3lb lobster was undercooked and we sent it back to be redone.
The lobster/mac& cheese was "runny".
The rib-eye steak was really fatty, not seasoned and tough as leather. I ate half of it.
My wife ordered a medium/well petite filet mignon which arrived medium rare and we sent it back to be redone. At this point the waiter (nice guy) seemed really upset at the kitchen.
We were enjoying our day and it takes more than a few "kitchen misfires" to put us in a bad mood. It seemed strange that nobody really addressed the mistake-ridden meal. This restaurant is expensive and you expect good quality. You don't have to "comp" me anything, but I would have liked some acknowledgement that we we had a bad service.
I gave an extra star for the nice atmosphere......but I won't go back.

2  Thank Readyright

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My biggest problem with "The Fisherman" is that the bread is wonderful. I always think that when I am eating fish it will be a "diet" meal but here the bread particularly the date nut bread is impossible to resist. The fish is always fresh and well prepared. Nothing fancy, just good. The setting on the lake is lovely.

1  Thank vishty
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Flip a coin the food will be good or bad. It won't be cheap regardless! The customer is never right. The waiters can do no wrong regardless of service provided. The food rarely is very good! I would pass this place. They think they have the only game in town.

2  Thank lawrence h
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This place is real throw back to the 50s. Doesn't look like the menu or the staff has changed since then. Food is pretty good and wait staff very professional.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was my grandmother's celebration destination. We went there every time we visited. The wait staff are all very friendly and seemed to adapt to their clientele. The food was consistent and very good. It definitely seems to be an icon in the village.