“NYC Steakhouse Experience Right Here on Long Island!”

Bryant & Cooper Steak House
Reserve a Table
Mon, 7/15
8:00 PM
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Roslyn
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Bryant & Cooper opened in 1986 with big ambitions: to bring the top tier New York City "steak house experience" to Long Island. Not only would the very finest quality, hand picked prime aged steaks be served, but an ambiance would be created that makes everyone feel like they are part of a special private club. For membership...just make a reservation. Founded by the three Poll brothers with two generations of restaurant ownership experience, Gillis, Dean and George learned at an early age that the secret of a great restaurant was to start with serving the very best. That is why the steaks, chops and jumbo lobsters are selected on a daily basis, and only the freshest side dishes find their way to a plate served at Bryant & Cooper. Over the years Bryant & Cooper has received superlative reviews for its entire menu. The New York Times has proclaimed it the "best steak house on Long Island."
Reviewed May 19, 2017

I really enjoy Bryant & Cooper Steak House. On this trip, I had the filet mignon and it DID NOT DISAPPOINT! It was absolutely delicious and I would highly recommend it. My husband enjoyed the veal chop -- it was perhaps the best we have ever seen and a very impressive dish! I paired my filet with a couple of glasses of pinot grigio -- and it made for a very enjoyable evening. The only reason I don't give this restaurant a 5 is because it is very loud -- but hey ... that also creates the NYC feel!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed May 18, 2017

I have been to Bryant & Cooper at least a dozen times over the last few years and the reason I lead with that is because it's one of a very short list of restarunts that has never, ever disappointed me. In fact, my daughter can't even enjoy a Caesar salad without saying it's not as good as Bryant & Coopers. I've tried to show her great steak at Peter Lugers, the Captial Grille, Grill 23 in Boston, Moo (also in boston) and a dozen other of the wonderful steak restaurants from Boston to New York and her only comment is, that was great, but it's not Bryant & Cooper. As for salads, their Gorgonzola Salad is what dreams are made of. And just like my daughter, I kind of think the same thing whenever I have a Gorgonzola salad; yeah, that was great, but not like Bryant & Coopers. I have not been very adventurous on the menu. I usually stick to the Porterhouse for 2 or 3 for my family, but my daughter Sophie does like their Filet Mignon which I have sampled when she's looked away, and I can understand why. They have incredible bread at the table and a very well stocked wine list and bar. The service is superb and sometimes it seems there are more people that work there than customers. But it goes on an on. Their hashed browns, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts and sautéed mushrooms are just phenomenal. Round out the food coma with a piece of cheese cake and I'm ready for a final bourbon and cigar to end my day. Last comment: if it's your birthday, I hope you're not shy. I would give them six stars if I could.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed May 17, 2017

We visit Bryan & Cooper about once a month. We LOVE to eat at the bar and watch TV and chat with our favorite bartender Peter! He makes a great drink and it always great for good conversation and he makes great drinks. Food is always a hit. We have only had steaks so I can't speak for the other items on the menu. Their corn is magical! Always leave there stuffed and satisfied.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank AgapeJewels
Reviewed May 15, 2017 via mobile

These aged steaks are on the top of our list among the top name Steakhouses in NY and Houston. Most of the wait staff have been there for years and are no nonsense pros that deliver great service. It can be loud in the dining rooms but for some reason, it fits the vibe and adds to the experience in this particular place.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 22, 2017

Sometimes, you just need a medium-rare Porterhouse, a salad and a bourbon. If you have a T&E account, all the better. This Roslyn outpost mashes North Shore nouveau-riche and an old-school NY premium steakhouse vibe. In all, better than sitting in traffic into the City for say, The Old Homestead. Great cuts of aged steak, classic appetizers, seafood, salads and a thoughtful wait-staff.

Date of visit: April 2017