“A solid local deli and pizzaria”

Delicacies Gourmet Pizza
Ranked #22 of 40 Restaurants in Roslyn
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This little deli in the heart of the historic Village of Roslyn serves good sandwiches, wraps, salads and a variety of ever-changing steam-table specials. In addition, they sell pizzas by the slice, pasta and some other Italian dishes. Fancy it is not. But, if you need a good quick bite this is the place. The service is friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Food was MEH, I've had much better for less. Mediocre pizza, pasta and salad. Service was non-existent. Order at counter at a RESTAURANT. This is really not a pizza place and self-service is not worth at these prices.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Clean, attractive new addition to Delicacies deli. Pizza is above average, reasonable in price and enjoyable. Close proximity to Roslyn movie theater makes this a fun and inexpensive snack before or after the movies

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The local deli did a beautiful expansion to fill a void that we have had in this little village. A Pizzeria! Yes, we haven't had a pizzeria in years and now I'm happy we do. We ordered the Whole Wheat Grandma and a couple of glasses of wine~ very very good!!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Having moved on to the boat for the summer, I found myself searching for good eateries in the vicinity of Roslyn, New York. My first experience with a local pizza shop left me wanting as the owner of Gennaro's Pizza was so rude and his food looked so inedible that I wondered if I'd ever find good pizza in the area. I couldn't believe it when I asked for a slice from the fresh pie just out of the oven. The owner started to cut from a decrepit remnant of a pie that must have been on the counter for hours. When I repeated that I wanted my slice from the fresh pie, he shouted at me, "Shut Up." I'll never step into Gennaro's Pizzeria again.

My worries were set aside . . . . TOTALLY . . . . when I walked into Delicacies Gourmet Pizza in the sleepy little town of Roslyn, New York. I felt almost like the food critic who walked into Mystic Pizza, oh so many years ago.

The pizza was thin crust, just like I remembered having as a young boy growing up in the Bronx. The sauce was a perfect balance of tomato and spices, the cheese and half and half toppings of pepperoni and spinach were fresh and done to perfection. This was not some ordinary greasy or oily pizza, but one of the best pies I've ever had.

Not only does Delicacies Gourmet Pizza offer up great pizza but they are a fully stocked delicatessen with fresh foods that will make your mouth water. From the breakfast specials to the prepared foods and deserts, this will be my new home while I summer in the area.

Kudos to a wonderful, and simple eatery that serves up great food, but more so, a cheery staff that is only too eager to please.

Stop by on the web and see why I LOVE this place.