“A "Happening Place"”
Review of Hendrick's Tavern

Hendrick's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Hendrick's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Roslyn
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: new restaurant
Roslyn, New York
“A "Happening Place"”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great food, Great people watching and experience staff all adds up to an enjoyable night out. When it was Washington Manor the place was dead as soon as the new owners took over it was an instant "hot spot"

• Visited February 2013

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Old world charm”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Historic inn with a great menu , fresh seafood & steak. Very friendly & knowledgable staff. Warm atmosphere & classy.

Visited January 2013
fabfinds
“Good food pretty atmosphere, a little "sceney"”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Anything I have eaten there has been great, love the decor, feels like you are dining in a Ralph Lauren store. i prefer weekdays to avoid a "scene" which is not at all our thing...the weekend can bring a flashy loud crowd, overall recommend!

Visited April 2013
Westbury, NY
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed dining at this restaurant. It was a special occasion ( my birthday) and my husband and I always try to go to someplace exceptional and don't mind paying the price for it. Normally we would go on a Saturday night but decided to go on a Thursday figuring it would be a lot less crowded. Boy were we ever wrong!! At 7pm the bar area and dining room were absolutely mobbed to the point where we couldn't even relax with a drink at the bar before sitting to eat because there wasn't a seat to be had. That was disappointment number one.
As for dinner, we shared a salad that was nothing to speak of. My husband had scallops, which were very good and I had a stripped bass dinner that was fishy tasting and disappointing. We also ordered a vegetable side and shared a dessert. For the price we paid the meal was no better than average. The place is very pretty but I felt it was extremely noisy. I was expecting a quaint place with very good food and I got neither. Not sure if we would give the place a second chance.

1 Thank beachbumNY11
Long Island, NY
“Go for the Seafood”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have been to Hendrick’s twice. First time was very good.
Second time was Valentine’s day. Maybe Valentine’s day is not a good representation of the restaurant, but on the other hand they charge full price, so it is reasonable to expect good quality.

The service is excellent. They seat you very quickly and the staff is friendly. Beautiful setting. Very tasteful.
The crowd was sort of the “Real Housewives” set. You can decide for yourself if that is a plus or minus. Again, this refers to the Valentine’s day visit.
Good drinks, and the seafood appetizers (shrimp and crab). were excellent. Side dishes of broccoli and spinach also very good.
The part where they went way of the rails was the steak . Awful Filet Mignon. Tough and tasteless. I would have sent it back, except my wife already sent hers back and I felt bad.
She asked for well done, and it was medium rare. She sent it back and came back almost the same. We just gave up and asked that it be taken off the bill.

Still, we would try it again. I’d just skip the steaks. If it were not for that, I'd have rated it above average.

• Visited February 2013