“Delicious food and beautiful presentation”
Review of Trattoria Diane

Trattoria Diane
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Diane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 38 Restaurants in Roslyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Skillman St.
Transit: Five minutes from the Roslyn train station, 10 minutes from the Portwashington and Manhasset train stations.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Very pretty restaurant. Downstairs with the bar is a little more noisy and there is more traffic. Upstairs is quieter. Service is very good, waiter is quite attentive. We went with friends and started with a pot of mussels which was in a delicious tomato sauce and a fairly large portion, enough for two to share or four to have a large taste. The men shared a ravioli dish which they enjoyed. My husband had the special which was a veal ragu and thoroughly enjoyed it. My friend ordered the soft shell crab special and loved it as well. I ordered the branzino which was recommend by the server. Unfortunately I had to send it back twice. First time it was swimming in a butter and caper sauce. I had asked for it to be grilled without sauce. It came back two minutes later; still with the butter sauce and heavily salted. I had asked the server to have it made without salt because I am not allowed to have it. So needless to say my dinner arrived a long time after everyone else was well into their dinner. I understand these things happen. The manager felt badly and gave us desserts on the house which was very kind of him. The berry pie and profiteroles were a huge hit. All in all the despite what happened I will still go back because it is an overall great restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Diane

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Had the chance this trip back to NY to go to this wonderful place. The food was wonderful, the staff was great.The price fix is great deal. I had the beet arugula salad, Tuscan pot roast, apple crisp with ice cream. Make the time , I will on my next trip again.Get the berry pie it was heavenly got the chance to taste it.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

If you like trying some of the best restaurants on Long Island, add this one to your list. I'd suggest sitting upstairs as there is less traffic and noise. Service was very good. I highly recommend the Tuscan pot roast, the crispy duck and the brick chicken. I am told they are the most popular and I can see why. Their mussels appetizer was excellent and while I can't fully describe the broth, it was outstanding. The mussels seemed to have a grilled or smokey flavor.
Save room for dessert, all of them were reasonable in size and memorable. You don't have to part on the street unless you are lucky enough to find a spot. There's valet parking just a few feet down the street.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Held a baby shower for 25 at Diane's last Saturday. The atmosphere was perfect. Jimmy, the manager handling the event was very accommodating, the food was delicious, and the staff could not have been nicer. The price was steep but some memories are priceless!

1  Thank Jacquie G
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I am 12 weeks pregnant and my husband and I went out to dinner here. My doctor had given me a list of foods to avoid while pregnant. We ordered a salad that came with fresh cheese, which was on the list of foods to avoid. We asked if we could have it without it and they didn't put it in it. I ordered the steak cooked well done as I only eat my meat well done, and as being pregnant must eat my meat well cooked. As I asked for well done the waiter said medium and I replied back no well done. However my steak came out medium that I was not aware of. The outside parts appeared to be cooked well done. I didn't finish the steak as I was getting full, but the more towards the center I got the more blood I saw coming from the meat. I should have sent it back, but I didn't want to get into waiting for it and then not finishing it because I was full. My husband ended up taking it home and eating it for lunch the next day and you could clearly see that the meat was not well done, but in fact medium. I would never eat here again because the wait staff does not listen to the customer. I am now worried that the uncooked meat has harmed my baby. This is something that I should not have to be worried about. Don't eat here.