“Nice 'French' lunch in Roslyn”
Review of Bistro Citron - CLOSED

Bistro Citron
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Bus nearby, LIRR 5 minutes by taxi
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Went with friends for lunch. Very reasonable $14 prix fixe 3 course luncheon.
Soup or salad= roast tomato & baby greens w vinaigrette [both good]. Hanger steak w frites [to die for] & chicken w veggies & potato [one said their chicken was dry]. Wines expensive [at least $12 per glass], aperitifs reasonably priced.
Dessert [profiteroles] were good, w ice cream not cream filled. Cappuccino was good. Nice & reasonable afternoon luncheon, food made up for the wine pricing.

1  Thank leo t
There are newer reviews for Bistro Citron

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My French husband and I got married last year in Paris (and still live there) and wanted to do something small in NY with family who could not make it abroad. Wanting to echo the Frenchness of our first wedding, we thought of Bistro Citron to host a small wedding dinner for 30 and are so glad we did. It was an even better experience than our first "blow out" wedding. Jim the manager was helpful, accommodating, and calm (even when we changed our minds 10 times!) We were delighted by the pertinent and skilled staff (ask for Walter!) It was a 100% positive experience. I recommend Bistro Citron for dinner with friends, family and for intimate gatherings. There was not a negative review in our group of 30...and trust me, my family is an opinionated bunch! Thank you, Bistro Citron for making part deux of our wedding really a dream come true. Merci beaucoup de Paris!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Simply can not duplicate a bistro like you find in Paris, but they have come close. Service was one of the best experiences we have had on Long Island in quite awhile. Nice menu and includes just about everything you would expect. Food was above average and this restaurant is worth dining at.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Four of us had dinner here for our first time last Sat. Pretty easy getting a reservation at the last minute . The place has ample seating and agree with prior reviews about the décor being very bistro-like. Had caeser salad, escargot, and onion tart for apps , and salmon (a little overdone), steak au poirve (not enough peppercorn), pork medallion (ok) and filet of sole meuniere (ok) for entrees. Dessert consisted of some apple bread pudding ? crepe , coffee, cappacino and expresso. We had two Johnnie Walker blacks on the rocks and a bottle of French wine to drink. The tab for four came to $300 , which is pretty pricey for Long Island, but we knew that before coming so it was no surprise.

1  Thank GreatOneRedux
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I treated my daughters to a lovely lunch here on a chilly day in March and we all decided it was a good decision to dine here. The restaurant itself is very lovely and if you sit in the back, you overlook a pond. The owner or manager is meticulous in his desire to please the diners and when my daughter asked for something that was on the brunch menu, even though brunch was not being served, he immediately acceded to her request, as it was a salad and could be made at that time , unlike some of the other items on the brunch menu. He made some excellent recommendations and our waitress was excellent as well. I had the crab salad with avocado which was excellent and my daughters had a salad as well and they reported that the enjoyed it immensely. I have actually attended a baby shower luncheon here which was also excellent.

Do not hesitate to dine at this restaurant in Roslyn. It has both ambience and good food. As an aside, the manager mentioned that the onion soup is better than soup one can get in France. He told us he travels to Europe to continuously improve the Bistro's offerings, so on his recommendation, next time I will order the onion soup.

1  Thank travelovernewyork