“Brunch with Friends”
Review of Limani

Limani
Reserve with OpenTable
Limani is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Roslyn
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mineola Avenue
Transit: Manhassett or Roslyn stop on the Long Island Railroad
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Limani has a wonderful Sunday brunch for $50. per person. The food is high quality and beautifully presented. There was sushi, lobster tails, omlets, prime rib, mixed berries, small desserts among other Greek specialties. A cocktail is included. We were a party of 8 and had a round spacious table next to a big window. Very nice atmosphere even though it is a busy place. Go in hungry. Great for a special occasion.

1  Thank Julia G

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Contemporary and sleek, the décor of the Mediterranean restaurant is pleasing to the eye. Looked like 4 different dining areas all giving off a slightly different vibe, but all were on the loud side. The pita starts your meal and the tomato salad with feta is delicious. Also tried the beet salad and they are both big enough to share. Halibut and Snapper were fresh and tasty, and we split them between the couples. Lemon potatoes went so fast and were so good we needed a second order. Finished up with great Greek cookies and the Baklava disappeared in seconds. If you’re willing to be in a noisy and somewhat pricey place for dinner, the food makes up for it two fold.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had to send back my food several times was not worth the money. Decor was lovely but the food was just ok service was a little poor.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Limani is housed in an old car dealership building so it is a unique open environment. Four seating areas: a happening bar, 2 dining rooms with a view of the cooking and fresh fish on ice. In the summer there is patio dining which is very pleasant despite the Northern Blvd traffic. Must haves are the grilled octopus appetizer and "fried zucchini" - cannot go wrong with any of the whole fresh fishes. Save room for desert: amazing Greek pastries, the honey cake is to die for. I've gone for business and family and staff if always appropriately attentive and anticipatory.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were quite surprised at our disappointment with Limani's Sunday Brunch but more so with the lack of regard from the Manager when I contacted him a couple of days later with our experience. It was a special occasion for us...our 25th Wedding Anniversary which we celebrated with our daughter & Mother-in-Law. The restaurant was 20% occupied (red flag right there) which reminded me that's how it was the first time we had brunch there. There is no doubt about the restaurant's elegance and quality of service, unfortunately, the food did not match up to the same nor meet our expectations. At the carving station the meat selections, including the lamb chops, were all dry & well done. The brisket was difficult to eat since the server wasn't carving it properly. Brisket should be sliced against the grain, which I pointed out. Unfortunately, he didn't understand me. The French toast was burnt and the waffles were cold. I didn't try the lobster but did try the shrimp and they were a little soft & mushy for some reason- maybe they were defrosted early that morning and then put on top of the ice. Regardless, they weren't enjoyable to eat. The sushi although, was delicious. The dessert that was spread out on the bar was limited. Most of it was just ok. My daughter ate the blondie and was appalled...it was like a dried up sponge. Needless to say how upset we were spending $50 per person for this. I decided to give the Manager a call inform him of our experience. By the way, there was no Manager in site on Sunday. The only people around were the servers. I contacted the Manager a couple of days later to inform him of our experience. Initially, he asked me for my phone number, how many times we ate at the restaurant and when we were there last and then put me on hold. After returning, he told me exactly when we were there last and also asked me how I paid. (a gift certificate from my brother & sister in law) What does that have to do with anything? It was as if he was trying to catch me in a lie. He told me we came to the restaurant only one other time in 2010. He was on the defense from the beginning and made me feel that my experience was not valid since we weren't regular customers. I mentioned that it was quite expensive and we work very hard for our money and didn't feel we got what we paid for. He replied back that this is the area we live in. I wasn't looking to get into an argument with this person. He made me feel like I was guilty of something. He then proceeded to tell me that if all of his food was so bad he would not be in business. He also made a comment which made absolutely no sense. He said he is not in business to please people just to serve good food. I couldn't believe what I just heard and asked him if he realized what he had just said. He thought I was making fun of how he was talking, which was not the case. In fact, he actually spoke the truth. It is evident he is not interested in pleasing his customers otherwise he might have offered to do something to satisfy a dissatisfied customer. That would have been Good Business. He continued to tell me that he cannot do anything for me in which I then interrupted him and told him you can do something, you just choose not to. I told him that he needed us more than we need him and that he was not a good businessman...then hung up